"After the oil rig event, the relations between Vietnam and China have inevitably turned to a new phase that is totally different from the previous 23-year period since the two countries normalized relations," said Mr. Chu Cong Phung, former Secretary of the Embassy of Vietnam in China (1987-1991) and former Vietnam's Ambassador to Myanmar (2009-2012) in an interview with VietNamNet.Part 1: China slanders its neighbors by usurping the East SeaQ: What lessons has Vietnam learned from the current East Sea dispute with China?In my opinion, there are some notable things, as follows: First: Whenever the country is in danger, the people of Vietnam unite as one to form a unified block. The hearts of more than 90 million people of Vietnamese at home and abroad are heading to the East Sea. Second: In the legal struggle with China, although China has raised a "big voice", they have not won any support from the international community, including Taiwan which shares the common stance with China … [Read more...] about Oil rig changes Vietnam-China relations
Q industries vietnam
Vietnams Textile and Garment Corporation (VINATEX) has become a group. This marks a breakthrough in the textile and garment industry in particular and the Vietnamese economy in general. On this occasion, Chairman of the Management Board Le Quoc An granted an interview to Vietnam Pictorial on the goals, prospects and challenges of Vietnams textile and garment industry. Vietnam's Textile and Garment Corporation (VINATEX) has become a group. This marks a breakthrough in the textile and garment industry in particular and the Vietnamese economy in general. On this occasion, Chairman of the Management Board Le Quoc An granted an interview to Vietnam Pictorial on the goals, prospects and challenges of Vietnam's textile and garment industry. Q: Please tell us about the goals of VINATEX following the establishment of the group?A: The vision of VINATEX is to become a leading multi-owner group in terms of business and production scale and competitiveness of products in Southeast Asia, … [Read more...] about Vietnam’s Textile and Garment Industry: Challenges and Prospects
More Software Parks In Vietnam Reported by Trung Chau In a recent talk with a couple of media outlets during his trip to HCM City, Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Thien Nhan said that the Government will develop more software parks in the next 10 years. He also discussed some issues concerning the development of software and ICT in Vietnam. Q: As a member of the steering committee for establishing Quang Trung Software City (QTSC), how do you assess QTSC’s development in the past 10 years? A: Ten years ago, HCM City authorities decided to build QTSC following Government approval. At the time, being a vice chairperson of the city, I led a group on a fact-finding trip to visit Bangalore in India and Bangkok in Thailand to study how software parks were built and developed. Then, we realized that given Vietnam’s human resources and potential, it was possible to build and develop a software park. This paved the way for the establishment of QTSC, which is also seen as the milestone … [Read more...] about More Software Parks In Vietnam
VietNamNet Bridge - In the last two years, the mobile phone market has witnessed the appearance of some 10 Vietnamese brands. However, this does not mean that Vietnam now can make mobile phones itself. What Vietnam has is just the brand name, while the products are made in China. Vietnamese brands, China-made products A lot of products are considered as Vietnamese products because they bear Vietnamese brands. However, in fact, they are made in China. Tran Quang Hung, Secretary General of the Vietnam Electronics Association, said there is nothing Vietnamese in these phones except the brand names. … [Read more...] about When will Vietnam be able to produce its own electronics?
(VEN) - On July 22, 2002, Vietnam ratified the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) and became the 14th member country to the Convention. To implement the National Implementation Plan for the Stockholm Convention, Vietnam pledged to reduce the emission of Polyclobiphenyl (PCB) into the environment, eliminate the usage of PCB in equipment and facilities by 2020, and safely dispose of PCB by 2028. Vietnam has never produced PCBs but imported PCB-containing equipments and oils in mid-1980s of the 20th century. It is estimated that Electricity of Vietnam Group-EVN owns about 70 percent of oil-containing electrical equipment in Vietnam and the remaining 30 percent is owned by other industries outside the power sector such as mining, textile, food, steel, paper and pulp and water supply. … [Read more...] about Strengthening management of Polyclobiphenyl in Vietnam