Singapore (VNA) – The Vietnamese delegation to the 20th Shangri-La Dialogue, led by Deputy Minister of Defence Sen. Lieut. Gen. Hoang Xuan Chien, attended plenary sessions, the official banquet and bilateral meetings on the sidelines of the event, which took place in Singapore from June 2-4.
At the meeting between Chien and General Robert Brieger, Chairman of the EU Military Committee, the two sides shared delight at the bilateral defence cooperation over the years on the foundation of the EU-Vietnam Comprehensive Partnership and Cooperation Framework Agreement (PCA) and the EU-Vietnam Framework Participation Agreement (FPA).
Brieger thanked Vietnam for sending two officers to work as lecturers at the EU training mission in the Central African Republic, and affirmed that the EU will continue to send their officers to support the Vietnam Department of Peacekeeping Operations.
Chien highly valued the outcomes of the bilateral cooperation in training, and proposed the EU side to continue to further promote cooperation in overcoming the war consequences in Vietnam.
At a meeting with Cipolla Christine, International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Regional Director for Asia-Pacific, Chien spoke highly of the fruitful cooperation between Vietnam and the ICRC in training, UN peacekeeping, and war aftermath settlement.
He affirmed that the Government as well as ministries, sectors and agencies of Vietnam always pay great attention to humanitarian cooperation, and thanked the ICRC for its support and cooperation in dealing with consequences of dioxin, bombs and mines, and explosives left over from the war in Vietnam.
Christine lauded the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defence's efforts to popularise the International Humanitarian Law and the Law of Armed Conflict. She congratulated Vietnam for the country's success in UN peacekeeping activities.
During his stay in Singapore, Chien also had a meeting with James Crabtree, Executive Director of the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) Asia, who thanked Vietnam for attending the 20th Shangri-La dialogue .
Chien congratulated the IISS and the Ministry of Defence of Singapore for successfully organising the 20th Shangri-La dialogue. He affirmed that the Vietnamese Ministry of Defence highly values the event, and will continue to attend the dialogue and meetings within the dialogue's framework in the future.
The IISS Shangri-La Dialogue is Asia’s premier defence summit where ministers debate the region's most pressing security challenges, engage in important bilateral talks, and come up with fresh approaches together./.
- Vietnamese delegation to attend ADSOM and ADSOM+ in Cambodia
- Vietnamese, Indonesian defence chiefs discuss South China Sea, maritime information sharing
- Hanoi specialty gifts for SEA Games 31 delegates
- Fifth Vietnam - Cambodia Defense Policy Dialogue held
- Vietnamese, Cambodian defense ministers hold talks
- Việt Nam, Israel hold 2nd defence policy dialogue
- Deputy PM Le Minh Khai active at WEF Davos 2022
- Defense Secretary Mattis warns of Chinese 'intimidation' in the South China Sea
- Vietnam, US look to boost economic cooperation
- Modi to Make Brief Stopover at Kuala Lumpur During 2-Nation Tour
- ☀ Morning digest on May 30
- Việt Nam commits to working with global community in tackling global issues
- Việt Nam to host ASEAN peacekeeping meeting
- Việt Nam to contribute to building foundation for Asia’s future
- Vietnam to host ASEAN peacekeeping meeting in September
- Understanding innovation
- Vietnam keen on building independent economy associated with international integration: PM Pham Minh Chinh
- Deputy FM on ASEAN-US Special Summit
- Where to go and what to do in Hanoi for locals and tourists?
- Vietnam contributes to building foundation for Asia’s future: ambassador
Vietnamese delegation active at 20th Shangri-La Dialogue have 621 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 5, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.