“With the approaching summer holidays and potential easing of visa restrictions, which are under considerations by the National Assembly, Vietnam will likely see a punchier boost from international tourism, a much-needed support for its sharply slowing economy,” HSBC said in a report.
Vietnam has received 4.6 million international tourists so far this year, around 60% of this year's target of 8 million.
In May alone, it received over 916,000 foreign tourist arrivals.
Despite falling slightly from April's figure, Vietnam has seen its inbound tourism recovery reach around 70% of pre-pandemic levels.
Tourists from China, the biggest feeder market of Vietnam's tourism before the pandemic, have recovered to 35% of pre-pandemic levels.
Legislators will vote on new bill on June 24 that seeks to extend the validity of e-visas from 30 days to a maximum of three months and allow multiple entries, and triple to 45 days the duration of visa-free stays for tourists from certain countries who now enjoy a 15-day waiver.
Vietnam offers e-visas to citizens of 80 countries and territories . It waives visa for citizens from 25 countries , mostly for between 15-30 days, a policy considered less generous than other countries in the region.
- Relaxed visa policy could be ‘magic wand’ for Vietnam’s tourism
- International tourist arrivals up 7% in the first half of 2010: Asia leads growth
- Travel and Tourism 2011- a measured analysis and focused response
- Australians represent largest non-Eastern growth segment in Vietnam
- Move over primary exports, tourism’s future is Australia’s best asset
- Taiwan hotel market strong growth according to HVS Consulting in Shanghai
- Government News 18/11
- How the World's Fastest Growing Travel Destination Is Becoming the Next Overtourism Battleground
- Airline industry 2011 profit outlook slashed to $4 billion
- 10 Countries Where the Dollar Goes Furthest in 2018
- 9 Countries Where the Dollar Goes Furthest in 2018
- PATA and WTTC join forces with APEC to create new business opportunities
- South Korean airline to open new Seoul-Hanoi direct air route
- Vietnamese researchers work hard to conserve cajuput genes
- New Year holidays
- The world of luxury travel comes to Shanghai
- House Hunting in … United Arab Emirates
- Vietnamese international outbound travel boom
- TCEB launches Spice Up Thailand 2017 campaign with special privileges for MICE travelers
- SATTE 2017 witnesses an array of tie-ups, exhibitors and innovations in its grand 24th edition
Vietnam tourism forecast to see robust growth as visa restrictions relaxed: HSBC have 355 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 1, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.