Hanoi (VNA) – Winners of the 'Green Journey for A Green Future ' competition were awarded at a ceremony held in Hanoi on June 6 by the Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Vietnam and the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union of Hanoi’s Tay Ho district.
The online completion was jointly organised by the Embassy of Saudi Arabia and the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union of Hanoi’s Tay Ho district with the aim of honouring environmentally-friendly lifestyles as well as initiatives and ideas to protect the environment.
The organisers received more than 100 entries, including creative initiatives on recycling waste into useful objects.
Addressing the award ceremony, Saudi Arabian Ambassador to Vietnam Mohammed Ismaeil Dahlwy said that the world is facing unprecedented environmental challenges, including climate change, global warming, and ozone depletion.
Saudi Arabia is vulnerable to climate change and is facing several environmental issues such as desertification and water scarcity, he said, adding that the country has implemented numerous policies and regulations to mitigate impacts of humans and development process on ecosystems.
Notably, the Saudi Vision 2030, which was launched by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in 2016, places the environment, renewable energy, and sustainability at the core of the country’s development toward a greener future, the ambassador said.
The diplomat lauded Vietnam’s determination and strong actions in promoting environmental protection, saying that like Saudi Arabia , Vietnam also confronts numerous environmental issues.
The national campaign to plant 1 billion trees nationwide during the 2021-2025 period, initiated by the Vietnamese Government, is similar to Saudi Arabia’s Green Saudi Initiative to increase vegetation coverage, he said, adding that this campaign will significantly contribute to international efforts in addressing climate change issues.
Vietnam's targets to cut half of plastic debris in the ocean by 2025, then 75% by 2030, and reach net zero emissions by 2050 have demonstrated the Southeast Asian nation's responsibility in addressing global environmental challenges, the diplomat stressed.
The ambassador also spoke highly of endeavours exerted by the Vietnamese Government and authorities at all levels, especially great efforts to raise public awareness of environmental pollution, and improve the surrounding environment.
He expressed his surprise and admiration for the ideas submitted to the competition, expressing his hope that Vietnamese people, especially the youth, will continue their enthusiasm and further promote environmentally friendly lifestyles, ideas and initiatives.
At the ceremony, the organisers presented prizes to the four most outstanding contestants./.
- WWE News: Triple H on doing an NXT TakeOver in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi owner of Sheffield United discusses Bin Laden links
- Is the future of convergence 'enterprise on a blade'?
- Netflix gets its own 'Downton Abbey' with a period drama about the British Monarchy
- Historian MICHAEL BURLEIGH exposes the secret war blueprint Donald Trump's Iran-hating adviser hopes will set the Middle East ablaze
- May's cold front! PM battles the sniffles at the G20 as she piles pressure on Putin to 'choose a different path' a day after she told Russian leader to stop his 'irresponsible' meddling in the West
- Social media, virtual meetings help firms enter markets and save capital
- The 24 Countries Where Microsoft Windows Phone Outsells The Apple IPhone
- 9 Big Trends For 2014 (You Won't Believe What's #9)
- IPhone X Revealed
- Why T-Mobile's New Global Roaming Plan Is An Industry Game-Changer
- Internet freedom based on the First Amendment is unattainable
- I hate a Nuc-Iran as much as I hate a Nuc-Israel
- Why Google Should Leave Europe
- Intel Bends to U.S., Google Wave Washes Up
- Google urges shareholders to permit censorship
- Cisco Second-Quarter Sales, Profit Fall
- Location: Are we there yet?
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- WWE News: Behind the scenes footage from Super ShowDown revealed
Vietnam, Saudi Arabia share vision for greener future have 643 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 7, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.