Hanoi (VNA) – A ceremony was held in Hanoi on June 8 to mark the 50th founding anniversary of the Vietnam Office for Seeking Missing Persons (VNOSMP) and the 35th anniversary of the joint operation to search for US servicemen who were reported missing in action (MIA) during the war in Vietnam.
Speaking at the event, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Ha Kim Ngoc said over the past five decades, VNOSMP has been fulfilling its assigned political missions, contributing to healing the wounds of war as well as normalising and promoting Vietnam-US relations.
He expressed his belief that with the concerted efforts of the Ministries of Foreign Affairs, National Defence, and Public Security and the US partners, the support and coordination of relevant agencies, local authorities, people and veterans of both countries, the Vietnam-US MIA cooperation will continue to achieve positive outcomes and fulfill its humanitarian mission, helping to lift the Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership to a new height. US servicemen after the war handed over to the US side. Among 1,973 cases of missing US servicemen, 1,239 still require search efforts.
At the event, delegates took a moment to pay respect to 16 Vietnamese officials and US specialists who sacrificed their lives while performing MIA duties on April 7, 2001./.
- GDP marks 75th founding anniversary and receives noble order
- Founding anniversary of Vietnam People’s Army marked overseas
- Anniversary of Vietnam People’s Army marked in Australia
- 75th anniversary of Vietnam People’s Army marked in Ukraine
- People’s Army celebrates its 75th anniversary
- Family of missing Leah Croucher cancel their Christmas as 'sadness keeps coming'
- Mark Hamill Goes Deep on Life as Luke Skywalker from ‘Star Wars’ to ‘Last Jedi’
- Danny Heitman's 'At Random': With anniversary gone, other ways to keep D-Day alive
- Steven Soderbergh on the 20th Anniversary of ‘The Limey’
- Shasta County Sheriff’s office releases footage of Sherri Papini moments after release
- Record numbers seek advice on debt problems, says charity
- Postmaster accused of stealing £48,000 from Post Office tells of 'nightmare' at being 'wrongly jailed' after 'faulty IT system caused accounting shortfalls'
- Education nonprofit to seek input on how to spend funds
- SF misses deadline on goal set by late mayor of bringing 1,000 people into housing
- Community Leaders, Law Enforcement Ramp Up Efforts To Find Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez As Search Reaches Three Months
- Brexit, the Beast from the East and plenty of bouncing Royal babies: As the decade draws to a close, MailOnline looks back on ten years marked by political turmoil, extreme weather and the Queen's acting debut at the Olympics
- 'What mistake did we make?' Victims of Cultural Revolution seek answers, 50 years on
- To celebrate Anthony Trollope’s 200th anniversary, writers choose their favourite novel
- Douglas County Coroner Faces Removal From Office; What's Next
- The mystery of the missing hen harriers
Vietnam Office for Seeking Missing Persons marks 50th founding anniversary have 454 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 8, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.