Hanoi (VNA) – The Vietnam Union of Friendship Organisations ( VUFO ) expects to coordinate with the Embassy of El Salvador in Vietnam in implementing exchange activities to cultivate friendship and effective cooperation between the people of the two nations, VUFO President Ambassador Nguyen Phuong Nga said on May 31.
Nga also said Vietnam and El Salvador are geographically far away but share a good friendship. Vietnam thanked the people of El Salvador for their support for its past struggle for national independence, freedom, and reunification as well as national construction and development today.
She expressed her wish that the VUFO and the Committee in Solidarity with the People of El Salvador will serve as a bridge linking the two nations’ organisations and businesses.
Ambassador Ruben Omar Orozco Burgo said that the opening of the Embassy of El Salvador in Hanoi on February 15, 2023 is an important milestone in the relations between the two countries.
The diplomat believed that ties with Vietnam are the foundation for El Salvador to strengthen exchanges with countries in Southeast Asia, adding that his country will support Vietnam to expand its market in Central America.
He said that El Salvador wishes to learn from Vietnam’s experience and cooperate with the country in economic development. citing the two countries can join hands in boosting coffee exports.
Vietnam and El Salvador established diplomatic relations on January 16, 2010. The two countries have many strengths and potential that can complement each other, especially in agriculture, fisheries, science and technology, and telecommunications. In 2022, two-way trade reached nearly 116.9 million USD.
- Ninth Vietnam - UK strategic dialogue held in London
- PM suggests Vietnam, China improve cooperation quality
- Government leaders of Vietnam, China hold talks in Beijing
- Vietnam Fatherland Front, People's Association of Singapore share experience
- Foreigners share how to avoid tourist traps in Vietnam
- Unilever Vietnam brings circular economy to life
- Chinese Party General Secretary Xi says China will ram up imports from Vietnam
- Vietnam keen on promoting procuracy cooperation with Russia
- Vietnam News Highlights for July 5, 2023
- Vietnam hosts 8th ASEAN Peacekeeping Centres Network Conference & Workshop
- American citizens arrested in El Salvador as part of nationwide crime crackdown
- The Guardian Says El Salvador Reducing Murders By Over Half Is Problematic, Actually | The Daily Wire
- World’s rice glut will be put to the test with El Niño’s return
- Côte d’Ivoire top legislator’s Vietnam visit an important milestone in bilateral relations
- PM's visit marks important development step in Vietnam-China relations: Official
- RoK President's Vietnam visit expected to further promote Comprehensive strategic partnership
- Vietnam treasures friendship and cooperation with Switzerland: PM
- Vietnam treasures friendship and cooperation with Côte d’Ivoire: PM
- Yoon quotes Ho Chi Minh, calls to ‘cultivate the people’ at state dinner
- Hanoi pushes for Vietnam-Sri Lanka direct flight
Vietnam, El Salvador step up people-to-people exchanges have 460 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 31, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.