According to the General Statistics Office, in the first five months of this year, the number of international visitors to Vietnam was estimated at nearly 4.6 million, 12.6 times higher than the same period last year.
Trang An scenic landscape complex in the northern province of Ninh Binh. After three years of stagnation due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Vietnam’s tourism industry is accelerating its recovery. (Photo: VNA)
With the overall positive developments of the industry, a series of travel companies on the stock market announced very positive profit growth in the first quarter of 2023. Statistics from Nhadautu.vn showed that most travel businesses have achieved an increase in revenue in the first quarter of 2023 compared to the same period last year. In terms of net profit, the data shows that 7 out of 11 companies reported increased net profit. Experts say that in the context of slowing spending demand, foreign tourists tend to look to Vietnam and Thailand – countries with low costs but still ensure tourism experiences. In addition, the arrival of more tourists from China after the country reopens will contribute to boosting the tourism and service industries in Southeast Asian countries, including Vietnam. However, Vietnam’s tourism industry will face some challenges. Deputy Director General of the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism Ha Van Sieu listed them as inflationary, exchange rates, rising interest rates, climate change, natural disasters that continue to develop abnormally and that the visa policy of Vietnam does not have many advantages compared to other countries in the region. Nguyen Quoc Ky, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Vietravel Group, said that Vietnam’s tourism still has some problems with visa policies, VAT policies, and promotion of foreign tourism offices. Ky also pointed out other obstacles, such as transportation and aviation problems as well as the lack of advertisements for festivals and events in the country.
- Fitch switches ‘rating watch evolving’ CNE note to positive outlook
- House poised to vote on tax overhaul as bigger battle lies ahead
- House approves sweeping tax overhaul as bigger battle lies ahead
- Harding and Company – US Markets
- Rudeness runs rampant for travelers. Is it your fault?
- The 52 Places Traveler: The Trickiness of Being a Woman in Tangier
- Daily Drive-Thru: A bleak outlook for Faraday Future, car sales at Wal-Mart, our first drive of the 2017 BMW 5 Series, and more
- How to set things right when company culture goes awry
- Tyson Foods Delivers Solid Third Quarter Earnings Growth Despite Challenging Market Conditions
- Ameri100 Reports Positive Adjusted EBITDA for the Second Quarter of 2018
- Small businesses look ahead to a Trump presidency in 2017
- Delaware's resident futurist forecasts the future, looks ahead to 2018
- Crawford & Company Reports 2018 Second Quarter Results
- Transformative travel: These companies offer trips designed for personal growth
- What Breastfeeding Moms Should Know About Air Travel
- Indonesian travel site Traveloka to expand tourist attraction booking service
- Spotify exec Troy Carter to leave company
- Travel: Seeing Europe in the most California of ways: by (rental) car
- A top Uber exec describes how the company made decisions when it had no CEO
- Congressional candidates campaigning ahead of Tuesday primary
Travel companies see positive outlook but challenges lie ahead have 529 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 11, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.