The Vietnam Air Traffic Management Corporation (VATM) announced on June 9 that 135 flights had been delayed or switched to land at other airports during June 4 and 5 as visibility reduced to just 1,200 metres due to thunderstorms at Tan Son Nhat.
“On June 4, 89 flights were delayed at Tan Son Nhat, four others were switched to land at other airports and one returned to its departure airport,” VATM said. “There were 46 flights delayed on June 5.”
VATM said that rains would occur more often during June, affecting the operation of flights at the Tan Son Nhat Airport.
The airport is expected to serve nearly 24 million passengers during this summer holiday. Airlines have been asked to co-operate with the airport to deal with possible congestion during this peak season.
- Cultural programme features cai luong on HCM City Book Street
- HCM City struggles to deal with floods
- Drama and music shows to usher New Year in HCM City
- HCM City to identify trees best suited to urban areas
- HCM City real estate in need of jumpstart
- HCM City ensures supply of essential goods for Tet
- HCM City eyes revival of many stalled urban area projects
- Heavy holiday traffic blocks highways into Hanoi, HCM City
- HCM City arrests hundreds of smugglers, counterfeiters
- Cultural programme features cải lương on HCM City Book Street
- 2nd Co-operative Registrars’ Forum to be held in HCM City
- 2nd Co-operative Registrars’ Forum opens in HCM City
- Must-see tourist destinations in Hanoi and HCM City
- Vietnam’s U22s depart from HCM City for SEA Games 30
- Seven flights impacted due to Delhi smog
- The Racist Roots Of “Urban Renewal” And How It Made Cities Less Equal
- Inside La Pampa: the illegal mining city Peru is trying to wipe out
- Tornadoes Reported in Texas, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania Last Night: Images Show Destruction in Kansas City, Canton, Harrisburg—Latest Storm Warning Updates
- British Airways planes delayed after 'technical issue affects flights'
- Flight shame: Climate-conscious migrants face environmental dilemma
Thunderstorms affect hundreds of flights to HCM City have 327 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 9, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.