|Taiwan’s Foxconn predicts huge growth in AI server business/ illustration photo/ Source: freepik.com|
Foxconn — known officially as Hon Hai Precision Industry — is the world’s biggest contract electronics manufacturer and assembles devices for many international brands, most notably Apple’s iPhone products.
It has also moved to diversify beyond electronics assembly, expanding into areas ranging from electric vehicles to semiconductors and servers.
“In 2022 alone, Hon Hai’s revenue for servers reached 1.1 trillion Taiwan dollars ($36 billion) to obtain a 40 percent global market share,” Chairman Young Liu told an annual shareholders’ meeting in Taipei.
Liu said Foxconn ranks first in global market share for mobile phones, personal computers and servers, with the AI server market now “rising faster than everyone has expected”.
He attributed the jump in demand to ChatGPT, the AI programme that burst into the spotlight late last year with the ability to generate essays, poems and conversations from the briefest of prompts.
Its runaway success has sparked a gold rush with billions of dollars of investment in the field.
“For the second half of this year, we may have a three-digit growth, not two digits… We will continue to boost our market share for servers,” Liu said.
He said the company’s latest AI servers also use Nvidia chips.
Nvidia is known for creating graphics chips long coveted by gamers but which have become engines for the kind of complex processes involved in artificial intelligence, known as accelerated computing.
Nvidia, co-founded by Taiwanese-American Jensen Huang, surged to a market value of more than $1 trillion on Tuesday after its quarterly earnings report last week blew past expectations.
Despite the rosy future for AI, Foxconn maintains a “flat” outlook for the 2023 full year, Liu said, after its first quarter profits plunged 56 percent on weakened demand due to a global downturn.
“The global tightening monetary (policies), coupled with tense geopolitics and the significant uncertainty of inflation have a relatively large impact on the economic outlook,” he said.
- Jiffy.ai raises $53 million in funding led by Eight Road Ventures
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 28
- Foxconn: 'Hidden dragon' out in the open
- 14 Strategies For Leveraging AI In Your Customer Experience
- Inflation, Supply Chain Woes And Continued Disruption: Pricing Predictions For 2022
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 27
- 5 Predictions On What’s Coming For Marketing & Advertising In 2022
- Pound for Pound, Taiwan Is the Most Important Place in the World
- How to use predictive user acquisition for long-term success
- Will China invade Taiwan in the next five years? That may depend on President Donald Trump
- AI Commission: Immigrants Key To America’s Tech Competitiveness
- Cardano Price Prediction 2022-2025 - Best Crypto to Buy?
- Why Risk-Taking Is The Biggest Influencer Of Business Growth
- The Power Of Purpose: The Business Case For Purpose (All The Data You Were Looking For Pt 2)
- IMF slashes US and China growth forecasts
- Efforts in business climate redoubled
- 5 Artificial Intelligence Growth Stocks to Buy Now and Hold
- Two Apple suppliers are gearing up for car production to win ‘Project Titan’ business
- Best CRM Software for Small Businesses in 2022
- Consumer Spending, E-Commerce, and the Business of Lodging
Taiwan's Foxconn predicts huge growth in AI server business have 503 words, post on vir.com.vn at June 2, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.