The Plum Week and Safe Agricultural Products of Son La Province opened at Big C Thang Long supermarket in Ha Noi on Thursday evening, connecting the province's businesses and cooperatives with retailers and businesses in other provinces and cities.
The event was organised by the Son La Provincial Investment Promotion Centre in collaboration with Central Retail Vietnam and Vietnam Farmers’ Union.
The five-day event features 30 stalls showcasing a wide range of Son La's agricultural products meeting food safety standards such as VietGAP, GolbalGAP, OCOP and organic certifications. The focus was on promoting Son La plums.
Son La provincial People's Committee Vice Chairman Nguyen Thanh Cong highlighted the significance of the event, stating that it presents a valuable opportunity to showcase the province's agricultural products and safe food in both the capital city's market and beyond, encompassing various provinces.
He further proposed agencies, ministries, provinces and cities continue their support for Son La Province's product consumption and their inclusion on e-commerce platforms as well as at various distribution channels, including supermarkets, retail distributors, wholesale markets and traditional markets.
Son La Province takes pride in its distinction as the largest fruit granary in the North, encompassing an expansive area of fruit trees of 84,784 hectares and expected yield of nearly 451,200 tonnes in 2023, up 2.1 per cent and 28 per cent, respectively, compared to 2022.
Plums reign supreme among the diverse fruit offerings in Son La, with a sprawling expanse of 12,353 hectares dedicated to their cultivation and anticipated output of around 89,837 tonnes in 2023. The Son La plums have been acknowledged for their distinctive attributes in terms of both design and taste. “Son La plum” acquired a trademark registration certificate in 2021 from the National Office of Intellectual Property under the Ministry of Science and Technology.
Cao Xuan Thu Van, Vice Chairman of the Vietnam Farmers’ Union, emphasised the union’s support for businesses and cooperation in the promotion and consumption of provinces’ agricultural products, especially those recognised by OCOP and other standards. Various activities were mentioned, including trade promotions, price stabilisation and efforts to enhance the brand value of agricultural products in domestic and foreign markets.
Many agreements were also signed during the event, including contracts on consumption of Son La's agricultural products between Central Retail Vietnam and Son La's cooperatives and contracts to bring Son La’s exquisite plum fruit on Vietnam Airlines flights throughout 2023.
Representative of Central Retail Viet Nam highlighted the popularity of Son La province’s products in Central Retail’s food retail system, disclosing the information that over 60 Son La agricultural products are regularly sold across 18 supermarkets, resulting in a 20-fold increase in sales in 2022, with some items experiencing an impressive 80-fold growth.
Son La actively collaborates with Central Retail to organise promotional events featuring their agricultural products, such as the weeks of longan, strawberries and mangoes every year.— VNS
- Additional 595 Ha Noi's products certified as OCOP products
- Son La longan to be served on Vietnam Airlines flights
- Hanoi hosts festival promoting OCOP products
- Production of clean farm products - sustainability of agriculture
- Hanoi has 595 new OCOP products last year
- African Union urges farmers to boost food production
- Open Championship Updated Odds, Betting Info And How To Watch The 2022 British Open At St. Andrews
- Lidl slammed by shoppers over Greek week as 'normal' food missing from shelves
- National product recognition improves customer trust
- Football favorite Son Heung-min makes foray into fashion
- Elvis: Linda Thompson returns to King’s Las Vegas stage ‘Truly surreal to be back!’ WATCH
- Ukrainian agriculture tycoon killed by Russian shelling, Zelenskyy says
- La Belle Époque Paris Comes To Milwaukee Art Museum Through Jules Chéret Posters
- The world is facing a perfect storm — and Putin has made it worse
- HCMC takes travel surveys to create more attractive tourism products
- Kim Kardashian shares cute photo of son Psalm, 2, after ex Kanye West accuses her of relying on nannies to raise kids
- NCIS LA season 14: Crew member sparks frenzy with ominous first-look ‘Creepy!’
- Amazon’s Zoox Says Its Robotaxi Has Met The Highest Crash Safety Standards
- 'Safe' seat becomes an unexpected battleground with injection of well-known independent
- Tesco, Asda & Sainsbury's introduce new opening hours for NHS workers - when can you shop?
Son La Plum Week and Safe Agricultural Products open in Ha Noi have 718 words, post on bizhub.vn at June 2, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.