Ho Chi Minh City has put into service four bathrooms built in prime locations to serve the needs of dwellers and tourists as part of a bid to address a dearth of toilets in the city.
The city's administration approved the building of makeshift toilets on four out of five vacant land lots in downtown Ho Chi Minh City, according to the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Natural Resources and Environment.
They are located on Le Duan Boulevard, Hai Ba Trung, Nguyen Trung Truc and Nguyen Hue Streets.
Each of these public toilets covers eight square meters and features a stall outside for selling goods. Earnings from this sale booth will be used to maintain the operation of these public bathrooms.
The District 1 administration had earlier called on over 100 restaurants, eateries and coffee shops to offer gratis toilet service to residents and tourists.
|A bathroom featuring a shopping booth is open to the public free of charge. Photo: Luu Duyen / Tuoi Tre|
|A public restroom at Phong Chau Park in District 1 in Ho Chi Minh City deteriorated and was closed in 2021. In March this year, the bathroom was rehabilitated and reopened. Photo: Luu Duyen / Tuoi Tre|
|In late May, two public toilets built on vacant land lots on Nguyen Trung Truc and Nguyen Hue Streets were put into operation. They are smart standard bathrooms costing VND500 million (US$21,350) each. Photo: Luu Duyen / Tuoi Tre|
|The city is facing a severe shortage of public toilets. Photo: Luu Duyen / Tuoi Tre|
|The model of a public toilet in combination with a shopping kiosk is run by Voluntary Youth Public Benefit Service Company. The company is managing 44 bathrooms in the city. Photo: Luu Duyen / Tuoi Tre|
|A coffee shop on Le Loi Street in District 1, Ho Chi Minh City offers free toilet service to residents and tourists. Photo: Phuong Quyen / Tuoi Tre|
- From Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City: Vietnam surprises and delights
- Crown Shy Opens, With an Eleven Madison Park Chef in the Kitchen
- Escapes: Seoul as a starter course opens up the feast that is Asia
- History, art and dogs get their due at museums opening this year
- Suspected paedophile pounces on girl, 7, after being left alone in lift with her
- Vietnam War veterans back home after emotional journey back to Vietnam
- Is Theresa May following Richard Nixon’s ‘madman theory’ - or is she actually delusional?
- Vietnam’s Empty Forests
- North Korea Is Not Vietnam
- A POW with John McCain in Vietnam to receive Arlington Cemetery burial
- Kim Jong-un’s Symbolic Vietnam Visit Is About More Than Trump
- Kim Jong-un Arrives in Vietnam, for a Visit About More Than Trump
- After Unpredictable Trump Meeting, Kim Returns to Scripted Form in Vietnam
- Smart shopping: When to book the cheapest fights for 2019's major holidays
- In Asia, traveling cheaply and comfortably are not mutually exclusive. Here's how
- Vietnam Summit Hosts Offer North Korea a Model: Cozy Up to the U.S.
- 5 reasons Vietnam was selected to host Trump’s second North Korea summit
- Trump-Kim summit: What might Kim learn from hosts Vietnam?
- Vietnam, Through the Eyes of Artists
- (2nd LD) N. Korean leader to leave Hanoi on Saturday morning: source
Restrooms in Ho Chi Minh hotspots open to the public have 532 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at June 9, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.