At a working session with the Standing Board of the provincial Party Committee as part of his visit to the northern mountainous locality, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh said Ha Giang boasts unique potential and competitive advantages to grow rapidly and sustainably.
"Ha Giang should always desire for rapid, green, sustainable development," he said, asking the locality to optimize its strengths and opportunities to growth further.
The Prime Minister urged Ha Giang to accelerate public investment disbursement, drastically implement the national target programs and the socio-economic recovery and development program, and push ahead with the materialization of strategic breakthroughs in institution, infrastructure and personnel training.
At the same time, more attention should be paid to the growth engines of investment, consumption and export, he said, asking the locality to restructure its industrial sector, and develop hydro-electricity in tandem with the rational use of water resources, and the protection of the environment and biodiversity.
Other specific tasks assigned by the leader included promoting agriculture and forestry effectively in parallel with new-style rural area building, effectively rolling out the "One Commune-One Product" program, and boosting domestic consumption and export.
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh emphasized that with its great potential in tourism, Ha Giang should turn the sector into an economic spearhead by building high-quality, unique products that are linked with local culture.
The Prime Minister asked the province to improve the efficiency of border gate economic zones, and bring into full play its shared border with China in product consumption.
Ha Giang should maximize all resources for development, raise the efficiency of foreign investment attraction and use, continue with administrative reform, ensure social welfare and sustainable poverty reduction, and preserve and promote traditional culture, he said.
Notably, the border province was requested to ensure national defense and security, build a common border line of peace, cooperation and development, and ensure social order and safety.
According to the provincial Party Committee, Ha Giang fulfilled 29 out of 36 targets set for 2022, with GRDP growth rate of 7.62% and State budget revenue exceeding the estimate by 32.7%.
The locality, about 300 kilometers from Hanoi, welcomed 2.2 million tourists last year, 2.4 times higher than that recorded in 2021.
On this occasion, Ha Giang raised some proposals to the Government and the Prime Minister to serve its rapid, sustainable development, which received the approval of the leader.
Also on May 28, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh and his entourage offered incense at the Vi Xuyen National War Cemetery – the resting place of more than 1,870 soldiers who laid down their lives during the struggle to defend the Northern border.
The same day, the Prime Minister cut the ribbon to inaugurate the provincial museum, which covers about 4,100 sq.m with a total investment capital of over VND 106 billion (USD 4.51 million).
- Malaysia's scandal-mired former prime minister Najib Razak hit with travel ban after poll loss
- Malaysian leader Mahathir won’t be sworn in as prime minister on Thursday
- Nepalis’ self-esteem higher than Mt Everest, says Indian prime minister
- Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu defends deadly response to Gaza protests
- Post Karnataka, Prime Minister Modi may have a go at the BJD in Odisha
- Armenia: Protest leader Nikol Pashinyan elected prime minister
- East Africa: Gunmen Abduct Acholi Prime Minister in South Sudan
- Prime Minister announced National Endowment Fund to preserve culture and heritage
- Nepal comes first in India's Neighbourhood First policy: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Prime minister on EU budget proposal: Estonia ready to contribute more
- Rahul Gandhi, Prime Minister in 2019? 'Yes, why not,' says Congress President
- Russian parliament approves Medvedev as prime minister
- "Frustrated" Canadian minister asked to take off turban at Detroit airport
- 'Yes, Why Not': Rahul Gandhi on his chances to be prime minister if Congress wins 2019 Lok Sabha elections
- Malaysia king to pardon opposition's Anwar, paving way for return to politics
- Ethiopia: Prime Minister Abiy Confers With Saudi Crown Prince
- Prime Minister Harris announces fresh financial packages
- House of Lords paves way for OT public ownership registries
- The corrupt, disgraced and disqualified prime minister who cried wolf
- Prime Minister Emphasises Importance of Reading
Prime Minister asks Ha Giang to pave way for development with mechanisms, policies have 658 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 22, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.