Dinh made the statement at the 10th Nevsky International Ecological Congress held in St. Petersburg in Russia, with the theme “Ecology: A Right, Not a Privilege,” which drew nearly 1,500 delegates from 52 countries and territories.
Lauding the theme of the congress, the Vietnamese representative said that Vietnam always puts the people at the center and considers the people as the most important motivation and highest target of sustainable development.
Vietnam’s commitment to net-zero emission by 2050 given at the 26th U.N. Climate Change Conference (COP26) showed the country's determination and responsibility in joining hands with the international community in addressing global challenges in climate, environment and biodiversity downgrading, heading to a healthy planet, Dinh said.
He underlined that it is necessary to build a suitable legal corridor, encouraging and supporting organizations, individuals and businesses to operate in a green and sustainable manner.
Parliaments should strengthen the supervision over governments in building and implementing the road-map for economic transition together with the post-pandemic recovery and climate change efforts.
At the same time, they should strengthen international cooperation and parliamentary collaboration to mobilize resources for the promotion of technology transfer, experience sharing and financial and technical support for efforts to respond to climate change and protect the biological environment for sustainable development, he said.
He also stressed the need to allocate budget properly, taking the transformation of growth model as the foundation, ensuring that the realization of climate commitments of countries is suitable to their capacity and development level.
On the sidelines of the event, Dinh had a meeting with Valentina Matviyenko, Speaker of the Federal Council of the Federal Assembly of Russia, who affirmed that for Russia, Vietnam is always a friend and an important partner.
He expressed hope for an expanded partnership between the two countries in many areas, including parliamentary cooperation.
Dinh said that during their working session, First Deputy Speaker of the Federation Council of Federal Assembly of Russia (upper house) Andrey Yatskin handed over to Vietnam a proposed plan on cooperation between the Federation Council of Federal Assembly of Russia and the Vietnamese N.A., which comprises 17 major contents.
He also conveyed N.A. Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue’s regards to Matviyenko, and invited her to visit Vietnam soon. Matviyenko accepted the invitation with pleasure.
N.A. Vice Chairman Dinh and the Vietnamese delegation also planted a tree at the Tauride Garden within the framework of the congress.
Also on May 26, he had a meeting with the Vietnamese community in St. Petersburg.
- Stronger efforts to be taken in building laws related to women, children: NA Vice Chairman
- UNSC: Việt Nam spotlights women’s role in peacebuilding, reconstruction, development
- Stronger efforts to be taken in building laws related to women, children: N.A. Vice Chairman
- Vice President Kamala Harris Calls on Congress to Protect Voting Rights at National Action Network Celebration
- Men must play a role in curbing gender biased sex selection in Việt Nam
- Vietnam striving to protect water resources in river basins
- World Wildlife Day 2022: 5 Bollywood Stars Who Believe in Protecting Nature and Wildlife
- New environment law views people, businesses as crucial players in environmental protection
- ADB supports sustainable forestry and biodiversity
- The World Is Awash in Plastic. Nations Plan a Treaty to Fix That.
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc meets Speaker of Singaporean Parliament
- NA Chairman attends celebration of 67th Vietnamese Physicians' Day
- Building a more sustainable future with 6G
- PM promotes important role of women in national development goals
- Mixed-use development is the new urbanism
- 'Slava Ukraini': Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern leads Parliament in condemnation of Russia, amid criticism of inaction
- The best free-to-play games available in 2022 | Digital Trends
- Let women lead economic development, says Legarda
- Bac Giang has two more IP infrastructure development projects
- Greg Clarke resigns as FA chairman after apologising for saying 'coloured footballers'
Parliaments should play stronger role in protecting environment for sustainable development: National Assembly Vice Chairman have 620 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 11, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.