After the explosions at the two Nord Stream 1 and Nord Stream 2 pipelines, the next Cold Case amid the hot war between Russia and Ukraine has come with the destruction of the Kakhovka Dam.
The notion of “Cold Cases” stands for events that have not been solved despite laborious and long investigations.
|Kakhovka Dam. Photo: Maxar|
After the explosions at the Nord Stream 1 and Nord Stream 2 pipelines from Russia to Germany, the next Cold Case amid the hot war between Russia and Ukraine came with the destruction of the Kakhovka Dam in the Kherson Oblast. Both are Cold Cases because questions like the real truth about how they happened and who is responsible for them would never be answered.
Ukraine and Russia blamed each other like before concerning the explosive attacks against the two pipeline systems. Like in the previous Cold Case, unilateral or multilateral, or international investigations will be carried out, but either they won’t be succeeded or their final results won’t be published. Nowadays, nothing is impossible, and everything can happen in hot wars.
Whoever stood behind the destruction of this big dam, both Russia and Ukraine, could benefit from it. It will now be much more difficult for Ukraine to carry out military counteroffensives along the Dnipro riverfront line. Russia is getting more serious problems with making it plausible that it can maintain security and stability in the Ukrainian territories it administrates. But for the people and nature in the flooded regions, the situation is catastrophic. Russia and Ukraine now have to pay very high prices for emergency relief and reconstruction in the flooded areas.
Whoever is the mastermind of this incident, the true victims are people on both sides of the river and the ecological environment. The war between Russia and Ukraine in Ukraine has gotten a new face and expression. And it is a bad, dark, and thirty-face. And it is a horrifying expression.
Whatever the truth is in this story, it doesn’t matter that nothing can justify actions that cause human catastrophes and ecological disasters, even in times of hot wars. Politics have to save and serve humane lives and preserve the living environment of people on the Earth, and not aim to destroy them.
Both the Cold Case, the Nord Stream pipeline systems, and the Kakhovka Dam implied escalations of the war and sanctifications of all possible means for the war in Ukraine. They inhabited the awakening message and demanded enhanced efforts to quickly find political and peaceful solutions to end the war in Ukraine.
Disclaimer: The views expressed by Ambassador Tran Duc Mau are his own and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Hanoi Times.
- NSW records 10 new coronavirus cases - including five linked to the Northern Beaches cluster, three in the inner-west and one mystery infection
- UK records 30,501 new Covid cases - down 15% on last Sunday amid Christmas reporting delays - with 316 daily deaths
- Coronavirus cases: India records 18,222 new COVID cases, 228 deaths in last 24 hours
- Seven new Covid cases in NSW as Berejiklian announces tough new rules including MANDATORY face masks and $200 fines for not wearing one - here's what you need to know
- New York sets single-day record of 13,422 new COVID cases on same day Cuomo announces the Buffalo Bills will be allowed to host playoff game with 6,700 spectators under virus pilot program
- Can YOU solve these UFO cold cases? Vintage 'alien' photos that governments couldn't explain reveal world's strangest sightings
- New York is the hot spot for Big Tech
- Mumbai reports 539 new corona cases; Maharashtra sees spike in deaths
- Half of all new Covid cases in England could be mutant strain – as Brentwood becomes country’s virus hotspot
- COVID-19: UK records 58,784 new coronavirus cases - highest daily total since pandemic started
- Amid weed wars, stoned-driving laws still half-baked
- Boris Johnson will decide new tiers TONIGHT amid fears he will plunge two-thirds of England into toughest level four tomorrow as SAGE adviser calls for national lockdown to prevent a New Year ‘catastrophe’ and admissions rise in EVERY region
- Authorities staying atop new COVID cases
- UK in 'eye of the storm' amid surging new coronavirus cases
- Britain records 53,135 Covid cases in record daily high and another 414 deaths with Boris Johnson set to decide new tiers TONIGHT amid fears two-thirds of England will fall under Tier 4 from tomorrow
- Scientists call for full lockdown in England as new Covid cases multiply
- Live Updates: Germany Reports 11,897 New Coronavirus Cases
- Sweden reports 32,369 new coronavirus cases in less than a week
- Want the ‘Perfect Hot Water’ for daily needs? Crompton’s instant and storage water heaters are what you need
- The ominous signs China is preparing for WAR as a former Australian army chief predicts armed conflict within TEN years - but not everyone agrees
One new "cold case" amid a hot war have 774 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at June 10, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.