We got married due to an unplanned pregnancy. Even though we were already dating for two years, it was a long-distance relationship filled with fights and breakups, and yet we stayed together.
After getting married, I didn’t have a stable job, and my husband didn’t get a job until our baby was 18 months old.
He would watch over the kids for me but refused to do any household chores. He has a habit of reading comic books and playing video games that he just can’t get rid of.
He rarely helps me with chores because he says, “I do men’s work and it’s harder.”
He doesn't talk to me or his children much, and once he's home he's already lying down somewhere to read comics or play games, even after finishing his dinner, he just goes back to whatever he was doing without bothering to help me or the kids with chores and homework. The only thing he does is hang the laundry and drive the kids to school.
I have often brought up the problem of sharing household chores with him, but he either disagrees or says he's already done his part by hanging the laundry.
One time, I told him he should clean the dishes if I am the one making meals, and he told me to not make meals for him anymore since he'll be eating out. We stopped talking to each other for a whole week.
He rarely talks with his children when there's a problem with them and always asks me as if it's my fault, to the point that my parents are planning to take them so they can be taken care of.
We often argue on special days, such as my birthday or holidays, so he has never got me a gift, not even a single flower. The only thing he cares about is money to fuel his gaming hobby.
Every thought, every problem I have, I always share with my husband. I have tried to be soft, I have tried to be harsh, but he never changes.
There were times I thought about divorce but my relatives say he's only inconsiderate, at least he hasn't gambled, drunk alcohol, or cheated on me, so I can't decide what to do.
I hope readers can advise me on how to improve my situation.
- FIH Award a Huge Motivation to Work Harder for Country: Vivek Sagar Prasad
- It's a huge motivation to work harder for my country: Vivek Sagar Prasad on winning FIH Rising Star of the Year award
- Women work 50 minutes more than men daily: WEF report
- Former Hockey captain, who inspired "Chak De! India", files domestic violence case against husband
- Molly Sims on Raising Three Kids Under 5: 'It's Harder Than I Thought It Was Going to Be'
- International Hockey Federation announce India as hosts for FIH Junior Men's World Cup 2021
- 90% of Americans still think geniuses tend to be men
- I was arrested and locked up for NAGGING my husband: Her marriage became national news when she was thrown in a cell after demanding her other half vacuum the house. Here, for the first time, Valerie Neal tells HER side of a saga
- 'Why are men so angry that they kill children to get what they want?'
- I fight all the time with my young boyfriend. Can we work it out?
- Zoë Saldana Vows to Raise 'Exceptional Men' as She Celebrates Twins Cy & Bowie's Third Birthday
- Our eureka moment: what I learned from swapping breadwinning roles with my husband
- From unspeakable tragedy, a glimmer of hope: Number of men seeking help to stop committing domestic violence surges in the wake of the horrific murders of Hannah Clarke and her young children
- Beauty and the bloke: why more men are wearing makeup
- EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Ellie Goulding's Old Etonian husband Caspar Jopling in race to win a space in the blue boat
- 'It broke me': Rhian Sugden and husband Oliver Mellor left devastated after her IVF treatment fails for a second time
- Sophie Turner, 23, is spotted leaving Milan with husband Joe Jonas, 30, for next Jonas Brothers tour date amid claims they are 'expecting their first child this summer'
- Forty years of feminism – but women still do most of the housework
- Mum reveals why she won’t let her husband see her naked
- Young men like equality, but not household chores
My husband won’t do housework because men’s work is harder have 735 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 6, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.