The four apartments were 57-89 square meters, plus a further 14-25 square meters of balcony.
They were priced at VND3.6-4.9 billion ($153,000-208,600), the same rate as a normal apartment in the project.
With 40 people showing interest, the developer had to draw tickets to select four lucky buyers.
Several people approached the four buyers and offered to immediately purchase the apartments for VND100 million more, but none agreed..
Apartments with spacious balconies have been in high demand in recent years in HCMC. In 2019, a developer of a condo with 1,700 apartments in District 9 (now Thu Duc City) sold a limited number of spacious balcony properties with prices 20% higher than for average flats, but demand was still very high.
Nguyen Minh Hoang, CEO of property distributor T&A Investment, said that spacious balcony apartments were a niche market, and there were sometimes special draws to select buyers.
Most of the time, people buy these apartments for residential purpose and do not sell them even if prices rise, he added.
- Have a peep at this bargain! Apartment in block where David Mitchell and Robert Webb filmed Peep Show could be yours for £300,000
- Revealed: The best last-minute ski holidays to book as the season draws to an end, from Switzerland to France
- Inside the amazing £350,000 two-bedroom flat with balcony that overlooks football stadium
- Meghan and Harry want Coronation balcony appearance to be 'special family moment'
- Queen Camilla draws the Gruffalo after reading the book to Hamburg schoolchildren
- A Place in the Sun fans fume at guest's rude response to host Danni Menzies
- Inside Shane Warne’s lavish £5.7m apartment with personalised fittings as family sell cricket legend’s home
- A Place in the Sun host mocks guest for asking dog to make decision on £114,000 flat
- Biden Fund-Raiser Draws Climate Change Protesters
- Palmerston North draws top flight entrants for Dynasty Pole Competition
- Arunachal capital to host G20 RIIG meeting on Saturday; 50 delegates likely to attend
- 'Jeopardy!' champion quits social media after drawing Hitler comparisons
- 4-room HDB resale flat in Kallang sold for record $1.069m
- 4 biggest new launch condos in 2023 you need to know about
- Wallkill, N.Y.: An Escape From ‘Hip and Trendy’
- Retired and Buying a Starter Home. It’s Forever.
- Inspiring artworks by special young Vietnamese artist
- Americans Head to Europe for the Good Life on the Cheap
- Artist Leonardo Drew On His Yorkshire Sculpture Park Installation, And Why Art Matters
- 77 New Springtime Hotel Openings Worth Visiting This Year
Draw hosted to find buyers for balcony apartments have 395 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 9, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.