Da Nang (VNA) – The Da Nang International Fireworks Festival (DIFF 2023) is expected to be a “symphony of lights” activating a bustling summer tourism season in the central beach city of Da Nang. DIFF 2023 , themed "The Peace for Humanity”, will take place on June 2 evening with the competition between Vietnam and Finland.
Joining the festival for the first time in 2019 and spectacularly clinching the championship title, the Finnish team has proven their creativity and astonishing display. Each performance by JoHo Pyro left the audience breathless. Joho Pyro Professional Fireworks said the team wants to deliver a dynamic and emotional performance at the event.
While Finland chooses to portray intense emotion and love in its display, the host team will tell a story of peace and friendship through the performance, themed “Da Nang – the Sound of Peace”.
With a duration of 20 minutes and 25 seconds, the performance by the Vietnamese team, is divided into three parts. The first part combines music with the colours and lights of the fireworks in a gentle way to evoke emotions in the audience.
The second part will feature live music in association with fireworks effects, depicting the resilience of Da Nang people in overcoming post-COVID-19 challenges, as well as promoting peace.
The third part, titled “The Sound of Peace", will highlight the desire for peace, stability, and happiness for people around the world.
Tran Van Hung from the Vietnamese team said the team’s performance will contribute to promoting the value of peace and friendship among nations around the world through the colourful party of fireworks.
This year, the stage is decorated with a modern led laser lighting system, bringing the best views of the entire fireworks area.
The DIFF stage covers 1,050 sq.m on the Han River bank on Tran Hung Dao street of Son Tra district, along with a 5,000-seat grandstand.
Not only seeing the city in the shimmering night, and admiring brilliant fireworks displays in the sky of Da Nang, visitors and locals will have an opportunity to enjoy a special art programme in the opening ceremony, with the presence of famous artists such Ho Ngoc Ha and Tung Duong.
The opening ceremony will be broadcast live on VTV1 channel of the Vietnam Television.
Themed "The World Without Distance”, the festival is scheduled to take place from June 2 to July 8.
It will feature eight teams from the UK, Italy, Poland, France, Australia, Canada, Finland, and Vietnam, competing over five nights across two months.
Each team will put on a 20-minute performance based on five themes: No Distance Love, Peace for the World, Equality for Human Being, No Limits Innovation, and Sustainable Tourism Development. The two best teams will compete to take the top prize on the final night – July 8.
Da Nang is the only place in Vietnam to have hosted a fireworks festival, making it a magnet for the best fireworks producers from around the world each year since 2008. It has been building a “Fireworks Festival City” reputation to promote it as a top destination in central Vietnam and Asia.
The DIFF has helped the city win recognition as Asia's Leading Festival & Event Destination in 2016 and 2022 by the World Travel Awards./.
- Pusan International Film Festival
- Screen at 40: The changing face of festivals
- Extracurricular activities for the fall fests
- On the Southern Circuit During the Season of Republican Resurgence: Hot Springs, Savannah, Memphis & Key West
- Tribeca Film Festival Announces First Titles From Narrative, Documentary and Viewpoints Sections
- Teens Are More Likely to Try Illegal Drugs in the Summer
- On the Southern Circuit in the Time of October Surprises: Sidewalk, Third Horizon Caribbean and Hot Springs Film Festivals
- Edinburgh Film Festival preview: buzzy UK titles and 'Cars 3'
- In Austin, Building Community While Waiting for Festival Acceptance — or Rejection — Letters
- Q&A: A Conversation with San Diego tourism officials
- Digital solutions to the problems of festive crush
- How data could ease the Edinburgh Festival crowds
- 2009 delivers record summer despite heavy second weekend drops
- 2013 in Review: 10 Big International Entertainment Stories
- Chadwick Moore — Left for Dead in Danville: How Globalism Is Killing Working Class America
- AP PHOTOS: Malta comes to life on Feast of Assumption
- They’re gone — now’s the time for a Cape escape
- Sundance Announces 2015 U.S. and World Competitions and NEXT Titles
- After early fall fizzle, optimism over October
- After early fall fizzle, there's optimism over October
Da Nang international fireworks festival to activate bustling summer tourism season have 788 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 1, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.