Brussels (VNA) – A delegation from Central Military Hospital 108 led by its director Lieutenant General Mai Hong Bang has been paying working visits to hospitals in Belgium from June 5-12 to strengthen cooperation in cancer treatment.
The delegation visited the University Hospital of Liège and the Particle Therapy Interuniversity Center Leuven (ParTICLe) of the University Hospitals Leuven – two leading Belgian medical facilities using high technology in cancer radiation therapy.
At the ParTICLe, the delegation was briefed on the operation model of University Hospitals Leuven in general, the center in particular, and the diagnosis and treatment of cancer with proton radiation therapy.
Bang said his hospital hopes to cooperate with leading Belgian ones to deploy this advanced technology in cancer treatment in Vietnam.
Proton therapy, also known as proton beam therapy, is a radiation treatment that precisely delivers a beam of protons to disrupt and destroy tumor cells. Compared with traditional radiation, protons have unique properties that allow doctors to better target radiation to the size and shape of the tumor./.
- Ho Chi Minh City hospital successfully treats Canadian man with 8-year paraplegia
- 'Meeting cancer nurse in hospital during my fight with leukaemia has changed my life'
- Retriever greets cancer-stricken owner in hospital after wish is granted
- Modern policy for private hospitals
- ICICI Bank commits Rs 1200 crore to Tata Memorial Centre for cancer care
- How at-home chemotherapy sessions helped a woman battle cancer a second time. Yes, it’s possible
- Liu Xiaobo, Chinese Nobel Laureate, Leaves Prison for Cancer Care
- "I'm dying": Mom with brain cancer reveals how she's preparing her children
- Cancer-struck Nghe An family need financial support
- Hugh Brown, surgeon who specialised in hands and pioneered an improved treatment for skin cancer – obituary
- Dog receives cancer care at human hospital in bizarre incident
- England’s Hospital Waiting List Hits Another Record High
- Belarusian President Lukashenko in hospital after meeting with Putin, reportedly in critical condition
- Strictly's Amy Dowden shares surgery update after breast cancer operation
- Doctors and para-medical staff to visit Delhi's pvt hospitals to make up for manpower shortage | India News - Times of India
- Labour says Government will break manifesto pledge to build 40 new hospitals
- YSRCP MP Avinash Reddy Remains In Kurnool Hospital, SC To Hear Anticipatory Bail Plea
- Lawyers had children’s art banned from a hospital. What has Britain come to?
- China Says Indian Military No Threat to PLA, Deadly Train Crash Proves Modi Incompetent
Central Military Hospital, Belgian hospitals strengthen cooperation in cancer treatment have 410 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 9, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.