Organized by the Saigon Giai Phong (Liberated Saigon) newspaper, Saigon Co.op and the Ho Chi Minh City Union of Business Associations, it includes building a corporate brand communication strategy associated with environmental social responsibility, mobilizing a large number of volunteers to participate as “information ambassadors” to support the public to clearly identify environmentally friendly products and those made by companies that are environmentally conscious.
Saigon Co.op's distribution system will have promotions and separate display areas for environment-friendly products.
Among the highlights of this year's campaign is a Green Trade Forum with the theme “Green Trade – Challenges and Development Prospects of Enterprises” to be held on June 14 with experts analyzing solutions to improve the efficiency of State management and integrate green growth into the socio-economic development plan.
Le Truong Son, Deputy General Director of Saigon Co.op, said the campaign would exhort the public to prioritize the use of environmentally friendly products and those made by companies that do well in environmental protection, thereby creating new consumption habits that are beneficial to the environment.
Saigon Co.op has for long provided customers with self-destructing plastic bags to carry their purchase and has stopped selling plastic straws across its network.
Its retail networks, comprised of Co.opmart, Co.opXtra, Co.op Food, Co.op Smile, Cheers, and Finelife, collaborate with hundreds of reputed brands to organize many other activities for environmental protection.
- Grab begins pilot of GrabMart in Ho Chi Minh City
- Scrap imports choke Ho Chi Minh City ports
- Running for charity in time of coronavirus from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
- Top players to attend int’l chess tournament in Ho Chi Minh City
- HCM City asks enterprises to keep prices stable
- HCM City’s youth union responds to Earth Hour 2020
- Saigon rail begins passenger temperature check as coronavirus death toll surpasses 630
- HCM City’s new Mien Dong Bus Station to open in April
- Three new cases for novel coronavirus come from HCM City
- HCM City targets 9% growth in retail, consumer services
- Hanoi chairman dismisses rumours of city lockdown
- Youths inspired by Israeli farming hold free green tours to farms outside Saigon
- “I love Banh mi Sai Gon” week underway in HCM City
- HCM City’s youths join hands for social service activities
- Thousands of volunteers in HCM City join hands for social service activities
- HCMC mobilizes medicine students, retired doctors to help tackle coronavirus
- HCMC to start massive traffic construction projects this year
- IT smartly implemented to serve citizens in HCMC
- Online public services strongly promoted in HCMC
- Rise of ride-hailing apps spells doom for ‘xe om’ in Saigon
Annual Green Consumption Campaign begins in Ho Chi Minh City have 424 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 8, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.