Welcoming agreements signed between the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) and the Lao Ministry of Technology and Communications, Ha expressed his wish that the two sides will actively promote cooperation and technology transfer so that Vietnam and Laos can jointly implement digital and green transformation as soon as possible.
With its potential for renewables such as hydroelectricity, wind power and solar power, Laos can become a center of clean energy, he stated, adding that this is one of the factors that determine the level of attraction for investors in the future.
Regarding digital transformation, the Deputy PM appreciated the results that the information and communications technology (ICT) industry of Laos has achieved, with the active and effective support of Vietnam's Military Industry-Telecoms Group (Viettel).
He showed his belief that in the coming time, Laos will form an effective ICT system helping people benefit from the digital government and digital economy, replacing the development model based on natural resources which are becoming exhausted. From experiences it has in Vietnam, the Lao ministry needs to “order” Viettel Group to achieve bigger goals in digital transformation and digital society promotion.
In terms of human resources training and development, Ha asked the Lao Ministry of Technology and Communications to identify specific needs and coordinate with the VAST to develop a Government-level project to create a solid foundation for cooperation and accompany Vietnam on the path of innovation.
Boviengkham said that this visit is to promote the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation with the VAST on forecasting and warning of natural disasters and tsunami; research and technology training related to the fourth Industrial Revolution; and on building a national center for cloud computing/Big Data and application.
According to the minister, the Lao ministry has a close cooperative relationship with the Ministry of Information and Communications and the Ministry of Science and Technology and other ministries of Vietnam, thus contributing to strengthening and cultivating the great friendship, special solidarity, and comprehensive cooperation between the two countries.
- Vietnam, Laos sign cooperation agreement on human resources development
- Vietnam, Philippines boost economic cooperation
- Vietnam - Laos special solidarity strengthened
- Special art program strengthens Vietnam-Lao ties
- Vietnam and Laos to boost cooperation in political education
- Border management – bright spot in Vietnam-Laos cooperation
- HCM City, Lao province ink cooperation deal
- TECHFEST VIETNAM 2022 promotes startup ecosystem
- Young parliamentarians of Vietnam, Laos reinforce cooperation
- HCM City enhances cooperation with localities of Laos, Cambodia, RoK
- Vietnamese, Lao, Cambodian PMs meet in Belgium
- 1,000 delegates to attend national forum on digital technology business growth
- Forum seeks to remove difficulties for Vietnamese businesses in Laos
- Laos expects more Vietnamese investors: Lao Deputy PM
- HCMC leader highlights support for Lao investors
- Vietnam, Republic of Korea upgrade ties to Comprehensive Strategic Partnership
- PM attends Vietnam-Luxembourg business forum, meets economic groups
- Vietnam deepens ties with European partners
- Vietnam's exports to EU astonishing: EU ambassador
- Vietnam strives to foster the development of digital businesses
Vietnam, Laos promote technological cooperation, technology transfer have 475 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 1, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.