Moscow (VNA) – The Moscow State Linguistic University, known as Maurice Thorez Institute of Foreign Languages (MGLU), on May 24 organised the Vietnam Day to mark the 133rd birth anniversary of late President Ho Chi Minh.
Speaking at the event, Assoc. Prof Elena Zubsova, Department of Oriental Languages, Department of Interpretation MGLU, said that the university has a history of relations with Vietnam for decades. Since the 1960s, the school has trained hundreds of Vietnamese language experts, many of whom have held high positions, and for which the school has been honoured with the Friendship Order by Vietnam.
In 2017, the MGLU started to open Vietnamese language training classes, helping to strengthen the relationship with Vietnam
Currently, it is providing Vietnamese language courses to 39 students. The university currently has 64 Vietnamese students and doctoral students.
For her part, First Secretary in charge of education of the Vietnamese Embassy in Russia Mai Nguyen Tuyet Hoa affirmed that the embassy highly values the organisation of the second Vietnam Day at the MGLU.
She also said that language is a bridge to help promote the friendship as well as the relationship between the two countries.
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 5
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 4
- Coronavirus live updates: School sports teams in Bay Area unlikely to resume in fall
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 6
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 3
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia August 6
- Vietnam records three new imported cases on Wednesday morning
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia August 9
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia August 7
- Teaching unions try to 'sabotage' school reopening plan with 'impossible list' of 200 safety demands and insisting classes be held 'one week on, one week off'
- First phase of national high school exam successfully wraps up
- Reopening schools in September WILL lead to a catastrophic second wave of coronavirus unless NHS test and trace drastically improves, major study claims
- Robin Williams: The Triumphant Life and Painful Final Days of a Comedic Genius
- Russian Missiles' Global Reach: Does Moscow Need Military Bases Abroad?
- Coronavirus Vietnam: The mysterious resurgence of Covid-19
- Utilizing media to promote social change in Vietnam with Safety Delivered
- Race to fix NHS contact tracing before schools return: Ministers admit there's 'more to do' but say pupils WILL return in September after Lancet report warned failures in testing would cause a devastating second wave
- Students condemn 'panic' last-minute changes to A-level results system made the day before grades are announced as Gavin Williamson apologises 'to every single child' caught in the chaos
- Children and coronavirus: As US schools reopen, much remains unknown about Covid-19 risk to kids and peril they pose to others
- Coronavirus digest: German children start new school year amid pandemic
Vietnam Day marked in Moscow school have 461 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 25, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.