The 15th edition was part of the emulation program of the military youths in general and of the VMMU youth in particular in celebration of the 133rd birthday anniversary of President Ho Chi Minh (May 19, 1890 – 2023), and towards 75 years since President Ho Chi Minh issued a call for patriotic emulation (June 11, 1948 – 2023).
Addressing the event, Senior Colonel Doan Van Mau, Deputy Political Director of the VMMU, stressed that over the past time, the university's Party Committee and Board of Directors have actively directed the establishment of a steering board on voluntary blood donation with Youth Union members and youths as the core of the blood donation program. The steering board has proactively disseminated information to the university's cadres, Youth Union members and youths to raise their awareness of the noble significance of the voluntary blood donation activities, promote their sharing and stay ready to donate blood to save lives.
The school's official emphasized that each drop of blood donated demonstrated the VMMU's Youth Union members and youths' noble deed, high sense of responsibility for the society, deserving to be 'Uncle Ho's soldiers.'
According to Tien Phong newspaper's Deputy Editor-in-Chief Vu Tien, the "Red Sunday" program yearly collects 50,000 to 60,000 blood units. Attentively, in the first six months of this year, over 50,000 units of bloods have been collected in such a meaningful event. He spoke highly of the engagement of military units, including the VMMU and hoped to further their ties in this regard.
Donating blood for many times, Private First Class Le Quang Duy, a VMMU cadet, said that the program was meaningful to help treat officers, troops, and people.
At the end of the program, the VMMU reported that it collected more than 450 blood units.
Translated by Song Anh
- HCMC needs 60,000 blood units for emergency treatment in upcoming Tet festival
- Red Cross begins voluntary blood donation campaign in HCM City
- HCM City hopes to prevent blood shortage during festival season emergencies
- HCM City lacks blood for medical treatment at year-end
- Activities on blood donation and cancer screening program held
- EXCLUSIVE Diva entourages, wardrobe malfunctions and spilled drinks: What REALLY happened on the 2019 Logie Awards red carpet
- ‘Mumbai sees 27% rise in donated blood with hepatitis C, syphilis, malaria infections’
- Blood on Black Wax Book Review: A Must Have for Horror Vinyl Collectors
- "Heart of humanity" blood donation festival launched
- Grammy Awards 2017: All the stars and style from the red carpet
- War box office day 1 collection: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff deliver biggest Hindi opener of all time at Rs 51.6 cr
- Ovation Travel Group Publicly Unveils New “Sunday in the City” Mini-FAMS in New York City for its Luxury Advisors
- Vietnamese man sets goal to donate blood 100 times
- Taylor Swift's "Bad Blood" Video Is Not A Feminist Manifesto
- Football Manager 2019: Inside the video game that has more scouts than Manchester United and FIFA 19
- Blood donations to be more convenient, rewarding
- The Latest: American Quill banned 3 games after red card
- Grammys 2018 red carpet: All the best and worst-dressed celebs
- Bella Thorne shows off her unshaven armpits as she slips into a tiny red bikini and heels for racy photoshoot
- Church-goers near famous RAF base who wanted stained glass window tribute to Red Arrows and Dambusters are told it's too 'triumphalist'
“Red Sunday” program collects over 450 blood units have 536 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 31, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.