At the event, a representative of the N.A. Standing Committee reported that the draft law supplemented the operational principle of the civil defense. Accordingly, the operation of the civil defense must ensure the humanity, justice, transparency, and gender equality.
Regarding the level of the civil defense, the draft law also defines four criteria to be based on, including the local authorities and civil defense force's capability in responding to and overcoming consequences of incidents. This criterion is set according to each locality's socio-economic condition, helping promote the pro-activeness and responsibility of local authorities in incident and disaster response.
According to the N.A. Standing Committee, local authorities' announcement of civil defense levels in their managed areas does not overlap with current regulations on announcing risks related to natural disaster, diseases and others.
On behalf of the Central Military Commission and the Ministry of National Defense (MND) – the agency tasked with drafting the draft Law on Civil Defense, Defense Minister General Phan Van Giang thanked N.A. deputies for their responsible opinions and emphasized that the MND would continue cooperating with N.A. authorized agencies to complete it to ensure its feasibility and highest requirements on civil defense.
At the event, the defense chief underlined the need to build a civil defense fund. He took the military's COVID-19 response experiences as vivid examples. He affirmed that without reserve forces and readiness in personnel and equipment in different scenarios, the military could not succeed in disease prevention and timely reinforcement to COVID-19 hotbeds in Ho Chi Minh City and other Southern localities.
General Phan Van Giang also elaborated on the civil defense fund that it will be managed by the Ministry of Finance so that the Prime Minister could decide to use it when needed and allocate the fund to the right force.
Regarding the civil defense levels, the defense minister stressed the necessity to have specific criteria for levels of authorities to base on to make early preparation.
N.A. deputies basically agreed on the adjustments of the draft law which has institutionalized the Politburo's Resolution 22 and reached consensus on Plan 1 of the civil defense fund that it is an off-budget state financial fund, established at the central and provincial levels to mobilize resources in society to support civil defense operations.
In his concluding speech, Deputy N.A. Chairman Tran Quang Phuong highly praised related agencies for their close and effective coordination in completing the draft law.
Opinions on the draft law will be collected to help complete the draft law to be submitted to the N.A. for approval in this session.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Explained | The draft Telecommunication Bill, 2022
- SCOTUS Rejects Military Draft Sex Discrimination Case
- Law Courses after 12th - Top Courses and Colleges in India | - Times of India
- Defense leaders meets with deputies to attend N.A.’s 4th session
- Should Women Be Forced To Register For Military Draft?
- Russians Use Drastic Measures To Avoid Putin’s Military Draft—Including Self-Mutilation
- America's Fight: Civilization Versus Anarchy
- AI Ethics And AI Law Asking Hard Questions About That New Pledge By Dancing Robot Makers Saying They Will Avert AI Weaponization
- Denmark Says Syrian Civil War is Over, Forcing Some Refugees to Leave
- Putin declares martial law in annexed regions of Ukraine
- Roe v. Wade: Trump Weighs in on Midterms; Obama Rips Draft
- Stormont: Draft bill to enhance civil servants' power
- Lebanon approves some banking law changes demanded by IMF
- The political consequences of the Supreme Court's leaked draft opinion on abortion
- Democrats' Abortion Law Likely Doomed as Manchin, Sinema Dig In
- Republicans move to strike Dem proposal to include women in the military draft
- Govt. dusts off draft Bill prepared by Kerala Law Reforms Commission to curb inhuman and evil practices
- Ardent Brexiteer Steve Baker drafted in to shake up Northern Ireland talks
- Fred Gray was 'chief counsel' of the civil rights era. At 91, he's still in the fight
- Biden Signs Gun Bill Into Law, Ending Years of Stalemate
Legislators basically agree on draft Law on Civil Defense have 655 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 27, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.