Knowing that the weather here is quite harsh, troops and people here have to overcome difficulties to promote production and develop economy.
In addition to firmly protecting national sovereignty over sea and islands, they also attach much importance to farming production so as to raise living quality and building a clean environment.
According to Commander Tran Van Trinh, Political Commissar of Sinh Ton Island, the troops have taken many measures to plant trees in such harsh weather conditions. The number of green trees on Sinh Ton Island is increasing over the past time, bringing fresh environment to the islanders while helping block the wind during storms.
On the occasion of the lunar New Year, units and local authorities stationed on the island received due care from people across the country. In Spring, the troops and islanders also joined tree-planting festival together with the whole nation. So far in 2023, they have planted more than 1,000 trees, contributing to building a green island.
"To do that, the island's Chain-of-Command has disseminated information to raise troops' awareness of the importance of trees, and assigned them to taking care of trees in the areas," added Commander Tran Van Trinh.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Love Island’s Liberty Poole stuns in barely there bikini before flashing her bum in daring dress
- Endangered green sea turtle populations are recovering in pacific coral reefs
- How an island once famous for its canned turtle soup is now helping save the Great Barrier Reef
- Love Island's Kaz Crossley wows in minuscule bikini as she poses for sun-kissed snaps
- Việt Nam needs to do more to sustainably develop sea and island tourism
- 'Terrified of World War 3' Xi 'manufactures incidents' to make West leave South China Sea
- Make Jamaica Green Again: 10 Powerful Women Leading The Sustainability Movement
- Meeting marks World Oceans Day, Vietnam’s sea-island week in Phu Yen
- Jonathan Ross’s daughter Honey goes topless on the beach and says her ‘fat a**’ wouldn’t be allowed on Love Island
- 'Billionaire Island' Hon Thom an investment phenomenon
- The Chagossians Want Their Islands Back
- Mystery disease is making sea turtle shells melt exposing bone beneath
- Sea turtle lays 60 eggs at Phang Nga beach
- Russia delivered hammer blow as Ukraine wipes out naval vessel in Snake Island ambush
- Pippa Middleton ‘absolutely beautiful’ in green at Platinum Party - and 'pregnant again!'
- Soldiers' hard work make Trường Sa Islands a vegetable paradise
- Incredible Love Island-style villas in Majorca that you can book from £28pp a night
- How a battery-powered Greek island bets on a green future
- The Floriade in the Netherlands, a green new city under the sea
- Inside Japan’s plan to take ‘limitless energy’ from the sea with strange giant tube
“Green island” at sea have 439 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 30, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.