At the meeting, Sr. Lt. Gen. Hoang Xuan Chien congratulated Mr. Sergio Narea Guzman on his new appointment as Chilean Ambassador to Vietnam and expressed strong belief that the diplomat would have a successful term of office, contributing to further strengthening the Vietnam – Chile comprehensive partnership.
The Vietnamese deputy defense minister emphasized that despite geographical distance, Vietnam and Chile share some similarities and strive for independence, self-reliance, peace, cooperation, and development. He said that Vietnam treasures the comprehensive partnership with Chile and hopes to foster the multifaceted relationship with the country, including defense ties.
Gen. Chien suggested Ambassador Sergio Narea Guzman, in his term of office, pay attention to strengthening the bilateral defense cooperation focusing on such fields as delegation exchange to strengthen mutual understanding, training, defense industry, military medicine, and U.N. peacekeeping operations. He asked the two sides to study to build a memorandum of understanding on bilateral defense cooperation to facilitate the development of Vietnam – Chile defense cooperation in the coming time.
For his part, the Chilean diplomat stressed that Chile treasures and hopes to promote the relationship with Vietnam in different fields, especially defense cooperation in U.N. peacekeeping operations. Mr. Sergio Narea Guzman affirmed that in his position, he would do utmost to contribute to fostering the Vietnam – Chile comprehensive partnership in general and bilateral defense cooperation in particular.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- US ambassador ends tenure, but will continue living in Vietnam
- Veterans Go Back to Court Over Burn Pits. Do They Have a Chance?
- Some Veterans Worry A PTSD Diagnosis Will Force Them To Choose: Treatment Or Their Guns
- 10 startups outside Silicon Valley to watch in 2018
- Trump Administration Pushes to Speed Up Migrant Family Cases
- Virginia Apgar's test has saved millions of babies; Google Doodle says thank you
- States warn DOJ: Keep the heat on MS
- US to hit Russia with new sanctions for aiding Syria's Assad
- How a Slovakian neo-Nazi got elected
- Senate confirms Pentagon official Robert Wilkie to lead VA
- Latino Support for GOP Steady Despite Trump Immigration Talk
- Homeland Security--Throwing money at technology (page 2)
- The future of hacking is decentralization — can blockchain spark innovation?
- Mother, wife, million-dollar patient: Keeping her alive is a full-time job
- Your CEO's 2011 Agenda: What CIOs Need to Know
- Leftists carrying out manipulative political operations, deceiving entire nation-states, attempting bring in authoritarianism
- Catcha.com raises S$7.5 million
- Opioid makers spent nearly a million dollars on Utah doctors in recent years, ties now used against the companies in lawsuits
- Congress off to slow start with tech
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump's fabrications on Medicare, immigrants
Defense leader receives newly-appointed Chilean Ambassador to Vietnam have 413 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 28, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.