Nicola Carmichael, brand director for travel search engine Kayak, said Vietnam was a favorite tourist destination among Australians post-Covid.
“Searches to Ho Chi Minh City in the second half of this year are up by around 140% compared to 2019,” Carmichael told the Sydney Morning Herald .
While airfares to European destinations have soared by 63% above pre-pandemic levels, Vietnam is seeing a significantly smaller increase of 21%, she added.
The average price of a return economy flight from Australia to Ho Chi Minh City is now A$886 ($580).
According to travel agents, flight prices have become cheaper thanks to more options from Vietjet and Bamboo Airlines.
Flight capacity to HCMC has exceeded pre-Covid levels, and is set to increase to 21,606 seats a week from June 19, before climbing again to 22,444 by mid-September.
Australian Ken Rafter, whose family visited Vietnam last month, said he found air tickets to Vietnam comparable to pre-Covid levels.
“We spent time in HCMC, Hue, Da Nang and Hoi An. It's such a great country to visit, and it won't be long before I again plan another trip to other parts of Vietnam,” he told VnExpress International.
He said he hoped Vietnam would offer longer visas or waive visas for Australians.
Almost 82,000 Australians have taken trips to Vietnam in the first quarter of 2023, up 14.4% compared to 2019, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
- Mysterious Coronavirus Outbreak Catches Vietnam by Surprise
- Post Covid-19 pandemic: Vietnam tourism industry revived
- Thousands congregate at goddess temple in Vietnam’s Mekong Delta on Lunar New Year's Day
- Crowds flock to tourist attractions during Tet holidays
- Crowds flock to tourist sites during Tet
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JANUARY 21
- Is 2022 the year of adventure cycling in Vietnam?
- Ta Xua, Vietnam’s northwestern mountainous cloud heaven
- Spring pilgrims crowd largest Buddhist pagodas in Vietnam
- From Bangkok to Bali to Da Nang, foreign tourists are returning
- Young people pose with zodiac animal to pray for good luck in Vietnam
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JANUARY 26
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES FEBRUARY 1
- New year brings more of same problems for tourism workers
- Foreigners distressed as automatic visa extension stopped at short notice
- Phu Quoc tourism experiences bumper Lunar New Year
- Border reopening: Spike in overseas travel bookings
- How lifeless Bodhi leaves in Ninh Binh have gained prominence
- Why You Should Book Your 2022 Summer Travel Right Now
- Bye-bye buffalo, hello tiger
Australian tourists flock to Vietnam on cheap airfares have 371 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 24, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.