Jakarta (VNA) – The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) has continued to strengthen economic cooperation through the ASEAN-Canada Free Trade Agreement (ACAFTA) negotiations to respond to the impacts of the ongoing global economic slowdown .
According to Nella Sri Hendriyetty, head of the Centre for Bilateral Regional Policy of the Indonesian Finance Ministry's Fiscal Policy Agency (BKF), the negotiations are important for Indonesia to expand market access for both goods and services.
In her opening remarks at the Plenary and Caucus Meeting of the ACAFTA Sub Working Group on Financial Services held in Banten province from May 22–24, Nella affirmed that the effort could also increase competitiveness and help Indonesia enter global and regional value chains.
With the presence of representatives from ASEAN member countries, the ASEAN Secretariat, and Canada, the meeting was a key part of the ACAFTA negotiation process that aims to encourage economic growth, increase investment, and improve market access for Southeast Asian countries and Canada.
At the meeting, officials from institutions in charge of financial services of the ASEAN countries and Canada discussed various financial service provisions, which are expected to increase fair trade and investment for all parties in the sector./.
- Reyes’ high-speed crash prompts anger and debate
- Ivan Rogers: no deal is now the most likely Brexit outcome
- EU trade pact with Vietnam close to finish line
- The EU was never capable of dealing with Brexit
- G20 summit 2019: Trump: Won't be raising tariffs for time being
- Europe and India could form a game-changing partnership
- Turkish-Thai relations have significant potential, experts say
- Ivan Rogers: the realities of a no-deal Brexit
- UK and S Korea sign preliminary trade deal
- Here’s how Boris Johnson could save the Tory Party
- Cambodia Needs No US Guidance on How to Be Friends With China
- Viewers' verdict on Tory leadership debate
- A transcript of Ren Zhengfei’s interview
- Gasly under pressure, Red Bull facing uncertainty
- Tory leadership hopeful Hancock 'may pull out'
- Tory leadership candidates grilled by media
- Tory leader hopefuls face second MPs' vote
- Tory leader hopefuls to face second vote
- Discovering the Great War of China
- Viva Vegas forever
ASEAN speeds up FTA negotiations with Canada have 375 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 26, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.