Deputy Defense Minister cum Chairman of the MND's Committee for Population, Family and Children Senior Lieutenant General Le Huy Vinh chaired the event. The ceremony was also attended by Deputy Chief of the General Department of Political Affairs (GDP) Lieutenant General Nguyen Van Gau, and Deputy Chief of the General Staff (GS) Senior Lieutenant General Phung Si Tan.
Addressing the ceremony, General Vinh affirmed that over the past year, the Central Military Commission, MND leaders and chains-of-command in the military have actively taken care of the family protection and children education work with good results. Annually, thousands of children with disabilities, children in extremely difficult circumstances, children who are martyrs' relatives and orphans have received meaningful support from the MND's Children Protection Fund. Meanwhile, thousands of troops' households in difficult circumstances and policy families have been supported to develop economy, among others.
In order to achieve set targets, General Vinh requested units in the whole military to well implement policies of family and children work, and create favorable conditions for troops and their children.
Meanwhile, military units should boost dissemination and education work so that troops would strictly implement the Law on Children, children's rights, Law on Marriage and Family, and Law on Domestic Violence Prevention and Control. In addition, units in the whole military should actively support needy children and those in remote and mountainous areas, and disabled ones.
The defense leader requested troops' households and military workers to continue to promote traditional cultural values, and build a progressive, equal and happy family.
On the occasion, the organizing board presented scholarships to martyrs' children, and offered bicycles to children whose parents are needy naval troops and children under the program "The Navy supports fishermen's children."
* On the same day, Deputy Defense Minister Vu Hai San led a MND's delegation to inspect and work with Military Region 2 on military and defense work, with the focus on logistic work and capital construction investment.
Reportedly, in 2022 and the early months of 2023, the Military Region 2 Command directed the implementation of military and defense tasks in the whole unit and fulfilled major tasks, while raising combat readiness and troops' political stance. Especially, in the first half of the 2021-2025 period of public investment implementation, projects and construction of the region have been completed and put into use, while the disbursement in the first four months of 2023 achieved remarkable results, to name but a few.
Concluding the inspection, General San hailed the unit's task achievements while requesting them to continue to implement directives and resolutions of higher levels on military and defense work, direct its affiliated units to strictly maintain combat readiness, grasp the situations in the areas where they are stationed so as to be ready in any circumstances.
Meanwhile, the unit should ensure troops' political stance, prepare forces and vehicles to perform search and rescue missions as well as prevent flooding and storms in the region. It was also asked to work with local authorities to organize major events of the Party, State and military, while effectively managing and using defense land as regulated by State laws, among others.
* During a working visit with the GS's College of Cryptography on May 23, Lieutenant General Nguyen Doan Anh hailed the school's efforts in overcoming difficulties to fulfill assigned tasks.
In the coming time, General Anh requested the school to continue to renovate teaching and studying methods, and boost the application of information technology and digital transformation in education and training.
Meanwhile, the school should focus on raising troops' political stance and awareness of information security, to name but a few.
Translated by Minh Anh
- ‘This Is Unacceptable.’ Military Reports a Surge of Sexual Assaults in the Ranks
- Government UFO report is the product of years of military infighting over whether to take sightings seriously
- On social media, PH military declares war vs rights defenders
- Defense minister meets with voters in Thai Nguyen
- Younger Military Personnel Reject Vaccine, in Warning for Commanders and the Nation
- Donald Rumsfeld, Defense Secretary During Iraq War, Is Dead at 88
- China’s Leaders Vow Tech ‘Self-Reliance,’ Military Power and Economic Recovery
- How Russian threats in the 2000s turned this country into the go-to expert on cyber defense
- U.S. Military 'Keeping an Eye' on Iran Navy Sent to Atlantic to 'Protect Interests'
- Leader of General Department of Politics congratulated PAN on Vietnam Revolutionary Press Day
- Deep-rooted racism, discrimination permeate US military
- EU to Continue Military Cooperation With Mali as Coup Leader VP Goita Appoints Himself President
- Aggressive Tactics by National Guard, Ordered to Appease Trump, Wounded the Military, Too
- Military must better understand sexual assaults to combat them
- 'The time has come' - U.S. lawmakers push overhaul of military assault prosecutions
- North Korea warns Biden against "causing a stink" as U.S. and Japan show a united front
- China trashes U.S. military "Cold War" report, defends border moves on land, sea
- Taiwan's foreign minister says 'we need to prepare' for military conflict with China
- Deep-rooted racism, discrimination permeate U.S. military
- China's rapid military evolution "shocking," says senior NATO officer
Activities of defense leaders at military units have 848 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 26, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.