The meeting was chaired by Japanese Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) Shigeyuki Goto, who is also Chairman of the U.K.'s Accession Working Group (AWG), and drew the attendance of ministers and representatives of the CPTPP members – Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, and Vietnam – and the U.K.
The participants confirmed that the U.K. has provided commercially meaningful market access offers of the highest standard on goods, services, investment, financial services, government procurement, state-owned enterprises, and temporary entry for business persons.
They agreed on the means by which the U.K. will comply with the existing rules contained in the CPTPP. The countries pledged to work together to prepare and verify the legal instrument of the accession.
They hailed Vietnam's successful hosting of the negotiations for the accession in late February and early March, which contributed to the substantial conclusion of the process.
Addressing the event, Vietnamese Minister of Industry and Trade Nguyen Hong Dien expressed his delight that the CPTPP members and the U.K. have reached positive results in this round of negotiation and promptly released the joint statement at the ministerial level on the substantial conclusion of negotiations on the U.K.’s accession to the CPTPP.
He confirmed Vietnam's support for the U.K.'s finalization of procedures to join the CPTPP.
The CPTPP is one of the most comprehensive and ambitious trade deals ever concluded. It is also one of the largest trade pacts in the world, covering 13.5% of global GDP and a market of about 500 million people.
- In Joint Statement, US Intelligence Agencies Claim SolarWinds Hack 'Likely Russian in Origin'
- Backgrounder: Timeline of China-EU investment agreement negotiations
- Pakistan welcomes start of 2nd round of intra-Afghan negotiations
- EU's Barnier on Brexit: There Won't be Cherry Picking on Single Market Access
- SII, Bharat Biotech take joint pledge for 'smooth rollout' of COVID-19 vaccines
- Sri Lanka calls for joint patrols to resolve fishing issues with India
- Bharat Biotech, Serum Institute to jointly roll out vaccines
- After a public spat, SII, Bharat Biotech jointly pledge 'smooth rollout' of COVID-19 vaccines
- Xinhua Headlines: China, EU complete investment agreement negotiations
- Dems on FCC take issue with claims the digital divide is narrowing
- Furious Donald Trump is 'willing to go after Mike Pence hard' if he doesn't overturn Joe Biden's victory in Congress - and issues public rebuke telling his VP he CAN dismiss Joe Biden's electoral college votes
- Iran rules out any negotiation over its defense capabilities
- Indian, Afghan clerics jointly call on Taliban to stop attacks on civilians
- COVID-19 vaccine data has been unlawfully accessed in hack of EU regulator
- UKVFTA creates more room for bilateral trade links
- UK, Vietnam sign post-Brexit trade deal
- China, EU agree investment deal
- It's here! RAF jet touches down in London with historic Brexit trade deal for Boris Johnson to sign, after beaming EU chiefs do the honours in Brussels - with MPs set to give their seal of approval
- UN law of the sea baseline for maritime rights, Vietnam and UK agree
- Crunch U.K.-E.U. talks on post-Brexit ties to resume Sunday
Joint statement on conclusion of negotiations on U.K.’s CPTPP accession issued have 511 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 1, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.