Ho Chi Minh City (VNA) – The Vietnam – India Friendship Association in Ho Chi Minh City and the Southern Institute of Social Sciences under the Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences (VASS) on March 21 held a workshop “Vietnam – India Relations: Tradition and Present”, seeking measures to boost the two countries' relations.
Participants discussed the potential, resources, and strengths of Vietnam and India in the development process of each country. They also touched upon directions and opportunities to intensify their cooperation in the coming time.
Associate Professor, Dr. Tran Nam Tien from University of Social Sciences and Humanities (USSH) under the Vietnam National University-HCM City said that from the establishment of their diplomatic relations in 1972 to that of their strategic partnership in 2007, and the comprehensive strategic partnership in 2016, the political-diplomatic relationship between the two countries has been increasingly consolidated and developed, creating a strong impetus for cooperation in various fields.
The relationship was founded by President Ho Chi Minh and Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, and has been cultivated by generations of their leaders through the exchange of high-level delegations and commitments to support each other in multilateral and international forums.
Researcher Dong Thi Thuy Linh from the VASS’s Institute of Indian and Southwest Asian Studies said that trade and investment relations are among the main pillars of Vietnam – India relations and have continuously grown steadily over the last decade.
By the end of 2021, the two-way trade reached 13.2 billion USD and is heading for 20 billion USD in the coming time. India is the 27th largest foreign investor out of the 140 countries and territories investing in Vietnam with more than 300 projects and a total registered investment capital of nearly 1 billion USD./.
- Vietnam, India to boost cooperation in tourism and trade
- Collaborative workshop seeks to reduce risks and fatalities on roads
- Vietnam seeks to boost trade with Francophone countries
- US, India Seek to Boost Trade Ties in Energy, Defence
- India lower house speaker visits Vietnam to enhance strategic relations
- Indian lower house speaker visits Vietnam to enhance strategic relations
- PM affirms Vietnam’s wish for stronger ties with WEF
- Vietnam remains key pillar in India’s foreign policy: Modi
- Vietnam treasures comprehensive strategic partnership with India: Party chief
- Lok Sabha Speaker visits Vietnam this week to reaffirm strategic and eco partnership
- Vietnam seeks strong relations with Chilean region
- Vietnam, Holy See upgrade ties
- Vladimir Putin: What Russian president's India visit means for world politics
- India Soon To Introduce Special AYUSH Visa For Those Seeking Traditional Treatment In The Country: PM Modi
- 2+2 talks: How India and US agreed to differ on Ukraine war
- Ukraine: Why India is not criticising Russia over invasion
- Covid-19 vaccination: Is India running out of doses?
- Vietnam, Russia seek ways to enhance agricultural cooperation
- Domestic businesses seek ways to adapt to Russia-Ukraine conflict
- Telling the Vietnam story in order to boost country’s economic momentum
Workshop seeks measures to boost Vietnam-India relations have 477 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 21, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.