Addressing the ceremony, Vietnamese Ambassador to Cambodia Nguyen Huy Tang thanked Viettel Global for the gifts, which encourage the community to overcome difficulties and better integrate into the local society.
He said that the embassy is working with businesses to implement a number of aquaculture projects and roll out measures to bring people living on floating houses on the Tonle Sap Lake ashore to settle down.
For his part, Cao Manh Duc, General Director of Viettel Cambodia (Metfone), said that Viettel Global is clearly aware of its responsibility to support the Vietnamese-origin Cambodian community, showing the nation’s mutual support tradition.
He affirmed that the company will continue to increase investment in the Cambodian market with an aim to bring the best telecommunications services to locals.
He said that Viettel Global, a subsidiary of Viettel Group, is operating in 10 different markets. The firm’s target is not merely profit, but also generating values to the local communities and contributing to the sustainable development of the host countries.
Viettel Global has sponsored many social projects, including those on building houses for the poor and providing health care and education services to the needy. In some cases, Viettel has also built infrastructure such as roads and bridges, helping people in remote areas to access markets and develop the local economy.
- Thousands of Vietnamese students in Cambodia unable to resume school in Vietnam due to border control
- Monk-turned-teacher runs floating classes for kids of Vietnamese returnees from Cambodia
- General Staff presents gifts to national contributors
- Vietnam Red Cross presents medical supplies to Cambodia
- Vietnam Red Cross donates medical supplies to Cambodia
- Vietnam service providers jump high in global telecom brand rankings
- Vietnamese players continue supporting AFC in COVID-19 battle
- Vietnamese in Thailand, RoK support COVID-19 fight in homeland
- Overseas Vietnamese in Voronezh support locals in COVID-19 fight
- Overseas Vietnamese in Ukraine present face masks to Odessa's military hospital
- Vietnamese expatriates proud of their homeland amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Opportunity for Vietnam to join global supply of Halal products
- US magazine runs feature on composer Khac Hung and his global hit
- Businesses told to seize opportunities to enter global Halal supply chain
- China pushes back against US claims that coronavirus originated from Wuhan lab
- Internal Chinese report warns Beijing faces Tiananmen-like global backlash over coronavirus
- It could be war: Classified Chinese report warns Beijing it faces Tiananmen-like global backlash over coronavirus that could lead to 'armed confrontation' with the US
- IFPI Global Music Report 2020: Music Sales Rise For Fifth Straight Year to $20 Billion
- After COVID-19, China’s Global Stature on the Line
- More Vietnamese startups choose other countries to set up headquarters
Viettel Global presents gifts to Vietnamese-origin community in Cambodia have 420 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 1, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.