However, the country's mobile internet speed slipped by nine ranks to 52.
The average download speed of the country's fixed broadband is 91.6 Mbps, while the upload speed is 93.38 Mbps.
These figures for the mobile internet speed are 42.67 Mbps and 18.27 Mbps, respectively.
Vietnam's internet speeds are also higher than the global average, with a download speed of 39.77 Mbps and an upload speed of 10.18 Mbps for mobile internet.
The global performance in fixed broadband download and upload speeds are 78.62 Mbps and 34.39 Mbps, respectively.
Results from Speedtest, a widely popular online tool measuring internet speeds, are relatively similar to the statistics from Vietnam Internet Network Information Center (VNNIC).
According to VNNIC application i-Speed, from January to February, the download speed of mobile internet in Vietnam dropped from 40.82 Mbps to 36.45 Mbps, while it increased from 85.8 Mbps to 89,73 Mbps in the fixed broadband category.
Vietnam's submarine internet cables have been experiencing partial or total disruption since the end of 2022./.
- Internet resumes full speed service in Vietnam after cable repair
- Vietnam’s Internet speed fully restored as cable repair completes
- Vietnam releases data on Internet access quality
- Vietnam eases coronavirus restrictions after reporting zero deaths and just 268 cases following successful mass quarantines, despite bordering China
- Facebook agreed to censor posts after Vietnam slowed traffic: Sources
- Vietnam remains attractive destination to investors
- Online support groups for alcoholics on the rise during lockdown
- Despite Soaring Stocks, Netflix Might Be in for a Bumpy Ride
- Internet access quality in Vietnam meets standards
- Exclusive: Facebook Agreed to Censor Posts After Vietnam Slowed Traffic, say Sources
- Every Stephen Frears film – ranked!
- Exporters mull ways to avoid disruptions
- Kanye West Says No One at Forbes Knows 'How to Count' After Being Officially Ranked as Billionaire
- Comcast customer satisfaction drops 6% after TV price hikes, ACSI says
- NBN: Price relief urged as more than 11 million premises can connect
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 21
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 23
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 19
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 20
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 22
Vietnam’s internet ranking rises despite cable disruptions have 357 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 24, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.