The nearly 180 Japanese passengers on the Vietnam Airlines flight were greeted with art performance and gifts from the city.
Deputy Director of Da Nang Department of Tourism Nguyen Xuan Binh said that Japan is considered a key market of the city's tourism with stable growth. The locality received more than 183,000 Japanese arrivals in 2019, an increase of nearly 200% compared to 2015 (92,000 arrivals).
Since Vietnam reopened to international tourism in March 2022, the city has welcomed about 27,000 Japanese visitors. The resumption of regular flights from Narita to Da Nang is expected to make a positive contribution to attracting Japanese tourists back to Da Nang and vice versa in the coming time.
According to the airline, in the initial phase, starting from March 26, 2023 to June 30, 2023, the Narita – Da Nang route will operate four flights a week on Tuesdays, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
From July 1 onward, Vietnam Airlines plans to operate daily flights with a frequency of seven flights a week in an attempt to boost tourism and trade exchange between Japan and the central region of Vietnam.
- Vietnam Airlines resumes, increases frequency of several flights
- Vietnam Airlines resumes, increases frequency of several flights in September
- Da Nang’s tourism promoted in India
- JICA-funded project helps Da Nang enhance waste classification at source
- Da Nang wants to beef up cooperation with Japan's Gunma prefecture
- Vietnam Airlines launches online check-in at Phu Bai airport
- Vietnam mulls ways to boost inbound travel
- Number of Indians applying for Vietnam visas jumps 24-fold following COVID-19 pandemic
- Airlines start opening ticket sales for upcoming Tet holiday
- Vietnam’s airlines asked to avoid Chinese military drill areas near Taiwan
- Japan Airlines increases flight frequency between Bengaluru, Tokyo
- South Koreans give Vietnam tourism post-Covid boost
- Airlines adjust flight plans over storm Mulan
- Japan-bound flight returns to Hanoi to save child with nosebleed
- Over 100 Vietnamese flights to Northeast Asia, US affected amid China military drills
- Flight returns to Hanoi with sick Japanese passenger
- Swift247 launches super-fast delivery service between RoK and Vietnam
- Nosebleed forces Hanoi-Tokyo flight to U-turn
- Vietnam still struggles to welcome back int’l tourists
- AirAsia X to fly to Tokyo and Osaka in Japan
Vietnam Airlines resumes direct flights between Da Nang and Japan's Narita have 338 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 13, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.