He made the request during a working session with the standing board of the provincial Party Committee on March 25, as part of his working trip to the province to attend the fifth National Start-up Festival for students.
In the immediate future, he required the locality to pay attention to infrastructure planning and development, considering it a key and priority political task. The province should urgently complete the provincial planning for the 2021-2030 period with a vision to 2050; develop transport infrastructure to ensure smooth provincial, inter-provincial, inter-regional and international connectivity, as well as digital transformation infrastructure while promptly and effectively embarking on a project to build Thua Thien Hue into a centrally-run city.
The locality must accelerate economic restructuring in the direction of prioritising resources for green, digital and circular economy, he said.
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh stressed that the province needs to pool all possible resources for development and improve the efficiency of using and attracting investment capital, especially foreign direct investment.
To do that, it is a must to step up administrative reform, improve business environment and regularly meet the business community to deal with their difficulties and support start-ups and innovation, he said.
Last year, Thua Thien Hue fulfilled and surpassed all 14 key targets. Accordingly, its gross regional domestic product increased by 8.56% while the State budget collection exceeded 12.7 trillion VND (552 million USD), up 12%.
In the first quarter this year, total social investment capital was estimated at nearly 4.9 trillion VND, up 9.1% annually. The industrial production index expanded by 1.04% year-on-year while the total tourist arrivals more than doubled, especially foreign visitors.
- British nationals will be BANNED from France if Boris Johnson does not adopt the same coronavirus policies as the EU, the French prime minister warns
- Da Nang strives to become Vietnam’s major socio-economic centre
- 156 tourism establishments chosen to host people in quarantine
- Bac Giang’s tourism thrives
- Mexico, former swine flu hub, tests nerves with coronavirus strategy
- Tourism in Germany — can it coexist with the coronavirus?
- Efforts made to ensure quality, progress of North-South Expressway
- Many localities turn away foreign nationals amid coronavirus fears
- Back to SAARC: On Modi's video conference with leaders
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 20
- Ho Chi Minh City calls for tourist co-operation in fighting virus
- Hanoi chairman dismisses rumours of city lockdown
- Victorians to feel some normality as the AFL footy season gets underway
- Australia considers tougher movement restrictions to combat coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Taj Mahal closed over coronavirus fears
- Thailand plans to close bars, schools, halt cockfights to curb coronavirus
- 'It's OK to feel scared': Coronavirus testing must ramp up globally
- Coronavirus fears shut bars, borders; WHO urges world to ‘test, test, test’
- Can't pay, won't pay: What now for Lebanon's debt crisis?
- 'It's okay to feel scared': Coronavirus brings countries close to standstill
Thua Thien Hue must strive to become major cultural, tourism hub: Prime Minister have 448 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 24, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.