The event was co-hosted by the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the municipal People's Committee, and the Vietnam Economic Times magazine.
Speaking at the event, Deputy Prime Minister Tran Luu Quang hailed localities and businesses in the Central and Central Highlands regions for issuing strategies and action plans on green growth and digital transformation and seeking eco-friendly development models.
The Vietnamese government supports effective cooperation with like-minded countries, international organizations, and business communities at home and abroad in the process of fulfilling sustainable development, green growth, and digital transformation goals, he said.
Deputy Foreign Minister Ha Kim Ngoc said with geographical advantages and an ideal climate for the development of green energy, the Central and Central Highlands regions are attractive investment destinations for foreign investors.
Stefanie Stallmeister, Operations Manager of the World Bank (WB) in Vietnam, said it is time for the Central and Central Highlands regions to adapt to climate change and reduce carbon emissions.
The WB always wishes to support the Central region in its development for coming years, she added.
In recent years, Vietnam’s digital economy has grown by about 38% on average per year. In 2022, the value of its economy reached around USD 23 billion. These results have made Vietnam the second fastest-growing digital economy in the world, behind India. It is also the fastest-growing e-commerce market in Southeast Asia. According to Google and Temasek, the value of Vietnam’s digital economy could reach USD 49 billion by 2025 and USD 120-200 billion by 2030.
The forum focused its discussions on issues related to green transformation and digital technology such as trends, models, and solutions worldwide, and arising issues in cities and provinces of the Central and Central Highlands regions.
- PM approves $147 mln new port in Da Nang
- Da Nang’s tourism seeks ways to stage comeback
- JICA gives recommendations on development of Da Nang’s port
- Environmental protection – foundation for development in Da Nang
- Final round of K-food Festival held in Da Nang
- Hanoi plans to conduct extensive PCR testing for returnees from Da Nang
- Da Nang honoured for unique, creative smart city initiative
- Exhibition of paintings donated by Japanese collector opens in Da Nang
- Environmental protection - Foundation for development in Da Nang
- Digital transformation expected to help Da Nang with smart city building
- More than 1,000 Da Nang students join UK Education and Technology Roadshow
- Rafaelson hat-trick keeps SHB Da Nang on HAGL’s heels
- Da Nang's tourist attractions swim in a sea of clouds
- US firms help improve business climate in Da Nang
- Da Nang ready to welcome foreign tourists with vaccine passports
- Da Nang’s adjusted planning draws investors’ interest
- Da Nang river to be ablaze with art lighting rig
- Da Nang people receive certificate recognising Quan The Am Festival as national heritage
- Da Nang plans central square to invigorate tourism
- Big businesses pour billions of dong into land purchases in Da Nang
Third Vietnam Connect Breakthrough Forum 2023 held in Da Nang have 462 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 19, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.