The four itineraries were listed in an article published on March 11, by Heidi Sarna – the co-founder of QuirkyCruise.com, which is designed to share reviews and news about small-ship cruises around the world.
According to Heidi Sarna, during the 10-day itinerary to explore the Red River and Ha Long Bay, a small ship covers several hundred miles between Ha Long Bay and Hoa Binh province in Northern Vietnam, spending a few days in the picturesque and otherworldly limestone karst–studded Ha Long Bay, which is the dramatic backdrop to films like Indochine (1992) and The Quiet American (2002).
Except for a day in frenetic and fascinating Hanoi, which is notable for its colonial architecture, war heritage, and foodie culture, the rest of this route is spent on the Red River and its tributaries, which reach into the rural landscapes and small towns of Vietnam's heartland.
The author also revealed several rewarding ways to spend time off the ship, including village walks, kayaking in Ha Long Bay, watching a traditional water puppet show, taking tours of heritage sites, and getting a close-up look at traditional methods for making ceramics, furniture, rice wine, knives, and noodles.
Meanwhile, on the classic week-long Mekong itinerary cruises between river points near Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, and Siem Reap, Cambodia, the riverscape varies from remote and pastoral on the Cambodian side – where passengers can spot people bathing and slapping laundry against stones at the river's edge – to the more industrial and bustling Vietnam part of the river.
On excursions, passengers can walk through villages and past picture-perfect rice fields and venture into pungent wet markets and floating fish farms.
- EU left behind as US pushes 'vaccine diplomacy' in Southeast Asia
- China warns Joe Biden his Southeast Asia moves 'sabotage' peace and stability
- After acquiring Gojek's Thai operations, can an AirAsia superapp soar in Southeast Asia?
- Southeast Asia COVID-19 surge hits Japanese firms' supply chains
- COVID-19 surge hits Japanese firms' supply chains in Southeast Asia
- Curry puffs: How a Portuguese snack arrived in Southeast Asia in the 1500s and became a hit across the region
- Nike's new app launches in Southeast Asia touting exclusive and personalised content
- Cruise ship returns to Singapore over suspected COVID-19 case
- Cruise: How to save over £1,700pp on your next holiday - best cruises for 2020 revealed
- Norwegian Cruise Line: NCL cruise ship gets huge £89million renovation - amazing pictures
- World cruise with suites costing £144,669 sells out in less than a day
- Cruise ship disposal revealed: From 'closely governed' UK to 'unregulated' yards in Asia
- Cruise holiday MEGA sale: Book a Princess cruise for £1… but you have to get in QUICK!
- WATCH: Horrifying moment Carnival cruise ship suddenly tilts on its SIDE at sea
- Cruise news: Luxury hotel giant Ritz-Carlton to launch the ANTI-cruise ship
- Norwegian Cruise Line's new-look ship Norwegian Jade back in Britain and all-inclusive
- 'About time!': Cruise ships banned from Venice lagoon in latest cruise holiday blow
- WATCH: Dramatic footage of cruise ship battered by violent storm at sea
- Cruise: Royal Caribbean & Norwegian unveil major safety plans to get ships sailing soon
- Coronavirus: MSC cruise ship rejected from Caribbean ports free from virus tests show
Small ship itineraries in Vietnam among best Southeast Asia cruises have 514 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 28, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.