The railway sector is striving to escape losses and divest capital in many companies in 2023, the Committee for Management of State Capital at Enterprises said about the Project on Restructuring Viet Nam Railways (VNR) from 2021 to 2025.
The project has identified and evaluated the achievements and limitations on the basis of a comprehensive assessment. The restructuring of VNR in 2016-2020 includes the production and business performance, the level of safety, security and defence, development and investment, science and technology and digital transformation.
It also sets out goals and plans for the restructuring of the corporation in 2021-2025, aiming at innovation, improved corporate governance, effective exploitation of resources, and enhanced labour productivity.
Additionally, VNR tries to achieve and exceed the targets assigned by competent authorities, fulfil the obligation to pay the State budget, ensure enough jobs, and improve the living standards of workers.
The project stated: “In 2023, the company needs to get out of the current state of loss and gradually make a profit to offset the accumulated losses of previous years."
Last year, the corporation’s production and business activities began to recover after the COVID-19 pandemic. Accordingly, VNR's consolidated revenue reached more than VND7.7 trillion (US$326.4 million), up 113.8 per cent over last year. However, VNR still recorded a loss of about VND130 billion.
Increase capital divestment
Regarding the plan of organising and restructuring, VNR said that the corporation and its subsidiaries need to focus on the main business and handle inefficient subsidiaries and projects decisively.
With this goal, VNR proposes to divest and restructure its corporations and affiliated companies.
Specifically, the State continues to own 100 per cent of the charter capital of Viet Nam Railway, as well as at least 65 per cent of five corporations, between 50 and 65 per cent of 20 corporations, and less than 50 per cent of 16 corporations, while selling its entire stake in 13.
It also suggests merging Ha Noi Railway Transport Joint Stock Company and Sai Gon Railway Transport Joint Stock Company into a Transport Joint Stock Company.
VNR will keep the current organisational model of 12 railway operating branches. In addition, a centre for science, technology and services will be established.
Ultimately, Viet Nam Railway is a single-member limited liability company with 100 per cent charter capital held by the State during 2022-2025 and continues to maintain the key business of management and exploitation of national railway infrastructure and operation of national railroads.
The implementation of the restructuring scheme as proposed will minimise costs in production and business activities, and increase efficiency in corporate governance. — VNS
- UK set to avoid recession despite poor August
- Vietnam sets plan to build stable export market in China
- Concerns raised over Vietnam’s North-South high-speed railway project
- Transparency in Indian Railways! Ministry Scanning Profiles of Officials Under Anti-Corruption Drive
- Germany agrees €86 billion plan to improve Deutsche Bahn rail network
- Thousands of Tesco jobs at risk under plan to axe some night shifts
- Vietnam's tourism sector enjoys growth opportunities
- Cost of dementia care is set to TREBLE to a massive £62billion a year by 2040, new report suggests
- Four key lessons to revamp the ailing Railways
- Urban railway helps reduce carbon emissions: JICA
- Spotting the right opportunity! These 6 sectors trading at premium to long term averages
- Opposition slams Railway Budget for 'weaving dreams'
- God help the passengers of Indian Railways' high speed trains
- North-south high-speed railway to be built elevated, under tunnel
- Train delays set to cause misery for thousands of passengers this Easter
- Troubled Thomas Cook requests UK state bailout to avoid collapse
- Tax cuts, social sector push likely in Modi govt’s budget today
- Eating with friends may hinder weight loss, study says
- There will not be single job loss due to merger of banks: FM
- MIND Diet: Benefits, Foods To Eat And Meal Plan
Railway sector sets plans to avoid losses this year have 615 words, post on bizhub.vn at March 21, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.