Quang Ninh (VNA) – The northern coastal province of Quang Ninh is working on a cargo transport route connecting its Van Don airport with Can Tho airport in the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho, said Secretary of the provincial Party Committee Nguyen Xuan Ky.
The route, to be launched by low-cost airline Vietjet on April 25, aims to enable fastest cargo transportation between the northern and southern parts of the country and ease overload in the North-South road , Ky said, adding that tickets for the service have been on sale from March 9.
The administrations of Quang Ninh and Can Tho will accompany and give optimal support to businesses, investors and airlines to ensure lowest transportation costs, he pledged.
According to the Asian-African Market Department under the Ministry of Industry and Trade, China has included Quang Ninh’s Mong Cai border gate in the list of sites eligible to cater to food imports into China. It is expected that the amount of food to be cleared before entering China through Mong Cai (Vietnam) – Dongxing (China) International Border Gate will reach a maximum of 200,000 tonne per year.
Currently, China is a traditional market with high demand for Vietnamese agricultural and aquatic products. Notably, the Mong Cai (Vietnam) – Dongxing (China) International Border Gate pair is becoming a customs clearance gateway, promoting trade of these products between Vietnam and China.
The building of the Van Don-Can Tho air service and a waterway route between Can Tho port and Quang Ninh’s Van Ninh port will facilitate the quick transport of agro-fisheries products from the south to the north and then to the Chinese market.
According to a notification released on March 7 by the Government Office, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh, at a working session with the Quang Ninh Party Committee, assigned the province to promptly design a cargo transport route between Van Don and Can Tho airports.
Working with Can Tho leaders in mid-March, Secretary of the Quang Ninh Party Committee Nguyen Xuan Ky underlined that the connections between the two airports, along with the upcoming waterway route between Can Tho and Van Ninh ports, will promote the expansion of the logistics system./.
- Van Don – Mong Cai highway: new launch pad for Quang Ninh’s economic growth
- Quang Ninh, Lao localities beef up ties
- Quang Ninh Province given top marks for pollution control
- Provinces from Quang Ninh to Quang Ngai need to prepare for inescapable weather
- Quang Ninh looks toward knowledge-based economy
- Da Nang, Quang Nam hold events to kick-start tourism
- Danang and Quang Nam hold events to kick-start tourism
- Construction of HCMC - Can Tho railway line proposed
- Vistara CEO Vinod Kannan: No clarity on how Vistara and Air India will move forward; ball in Tatas' court
- Is Flying Set To Become An Everyday Mode Of City Transport?
- First durian air shipment lands at Nanning airport
- What's Happening With Crew Transport To The Space Station?
- I’m an MH370 expert – Doomed jet was shot down by US Air Force in bid to stop secret tech reaching China
- IN PHOTOS: The most DISASTROUS air crashes!
- Exclusive: New data reveals just how hopeless Russia's air war has been
- Routes: Bookings soften as airfares soar; more flights added at Bay Area airports; Southwest upgrades Wi-Fi
- Deadly storm cuts transport links around Vancouver
- More work to resume in Shanghai’s zero-COVID areas from June
- Routes: Delta cuts summer schedule; Alaska pilots authorize strike; Qantas delays SFO start
- Cargo Freeway Expansion Canceled in L.A. Due to 'Racist' Roads
Quang Ninh works on air cargo transport route with Can Tho have 573 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 28, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.