Minister of Culture, Sports, and Tourism Nguyen Van Hung made the suggestion at the province's tourism development conference held in Ha Long city on March 17.
He said Quang Ninh should develop special travel products that could not be found anywhere else, increase the popularization of its image, open overseas representative offices, and apply itself to tackling difficulties in tourism development such as manpower shortages and environmental pollution.
The conference was also a chance for other localities nationwide to learn local tourism development lessons, including making constant reforms and capitalizing on local natural and cultural resources, the official noted, adding that Quang Ninh has continually been one of the best performers nationwide in attracting domestic and international visitors.
In his remarks, Secretary of the provincial Party Committee Nguyen Xuan Ky emphasized that Quang Ninh welcomes and pledges to provide the best possible conditions for domestic and foreign businesses to promote operations here to ensure safety and a full experience for tourists.
Over the past years, it has been working hard to switch to green and sustainable development based on the pillars of nature, humans, and culture in combination with optimizing cooperation and integration trends, and new technologies of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
In 2022, Quang Ninh adopted the policy of safely and flexibly adapting to and effectively controlling the COVID-19 pandemic; making use of all mechanisms to recover tourism; and recovering and developing tourism manpower. As a result, it attracted 11.6 million tourist arrivals, including 304,000 international visitors, and earned VND 28 trillion (nearly USD 1.2 billion) in tourism revenue. The sector contributed to 6% of the gross regional domestic product (GRDP) last year, Ky noted.
For 2023, the province looks to establish itself as a premier destination in Vietnam and welcome 15 million tourist arrivals, 500,000 higher than pre-pandemic period in 2019, and gain some VND 32.4 trillion in revenue, according to the Vice Chairwoman of its People's Committee Nguyen Thi Hanh.
- Over 1,000 athletes compete in Quang Ninh provincial Sports Festival
- Peyton Manning to advise Riddell on product development
- Forget tourism: Pyeongchang’s legacy probably debt and anger
- Milwaukee Bucks Daily: A New Face Comes Aboard In Arena Development
- NSA files – live coverage of all developments and reaction
- Johnny Manziel: What his college schedule should be
- Seeing red: sharks, drum lines and the media hysteria that surrounds them
- The 30: Four teams making plans in this week’s MLB power rankings
- San Diegan builds spectacular Danzante Bay golf course in Loreto, Mexico
- Gene Michael, architect of 1990s Yankees dynasty, dies at 79
- Great Barrier Reef authority urges 'fastest possible action' on emissions
- The rise and fall of Rafael Palmeiro
- Atlanta Braves Rejected in Naples for Spring; Wither Sarasota?
- Can Minnesota keep big-name parties coming after Super Bowl, Final Four?
- UFC champion Luke Rockhold’s secret family
- Orlando Magic Daily Roundtable: Lineups and rotations
- Who is Cengiz Under? Roma finally have their replacement for Liverpool star Salah
- Fishing report for week of April 11-17: A 13.8-pound largemouth at Eastman and more
- Handing Out Awards for Every NBA Team
- MLB 2017: One prediction for each team
Quang Ninh advised to focus on three pillars in tourism development have 490 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 19, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.