Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh expressed his belief that the ambassador will contribute to improved bilateral relations, adding that the Vietnamese government will order relevant agencies to coordinate with and assist the diplomat to fulfill his duties.
Implementing the foreign policy of independence, self-reliance, diversification, and multilateralization of external relations, and being a good friend, trustworthy partner, and responsible member of the international community, Vietnam wishes to intensify cooperation with Middle Eastern countries, of which Saudi Arabia is a major and influential nation, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh noted.
Ambassador Mohammed Ismaeil A. Dahlwy highlighted the increasingly enhanced relations between the two countries, saying he hopes bilateral ties will continue to be promoted more strongly.
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh and the Saudi Arabian Ambassador applauded the progress in cooperation in recent times. Saudi Arabia is now one of its leading economic partners in the Middle East, with bilateral trade rising 32.4% year-on-year to USD 2.7 billion in 2022.
However, much potential for cooperation remains, especially in economy, trade, and investment, they opined.
The government leader of Vietnam asked the two sides to work more closely to develop their multifaceted cooperation in a substantive and effective manner.
He called on them to continue consolidating political trust, increase all-level mutual visits, further bring into play cooperation mechanisms, and hold the fifth meeting of the Inter-governmental Committee in 2023 early. He also proposed Saudi Arabia, with its role and influence, support Vietnam to finalize procedures for singing the memorandum of understanding with the Secretariat General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
Asking both sides to facilitate the export of their goods to each other's markets, the Prime Minister urged Saudi Arabia to create conditions for the import of Vietnam's strong products that are in demand in the Middle Eastern country like rice, tea, peppercorn, coffee, rubber, textile, and garment, completely lift the temporary suspension of Vietnam's fishery products since January 2018, and help the Southeast Asian nation develop the halal industry and access Islamic markets.
Vietnam welcomes and is ready to provide optimal conditions for investment funds and enterprises of Saudi Arabia, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh affirmed, suggesting the two sides sign an investment promotion and protection agreement early to create a favorable legal framework and investment climate for bilateral investment.
He voiced his hope for reinforced partnerships in the digital economy, green economy, circular economy, tourism, and labor.
Agreeing with his host, Ambassador Mohammed Ismaeil A. Dahlwy said Saudi Arabia is working closely with Vietnamese agencies to carry out cooperation in line with the priority order.
At the meeting, both host and guest highly valued the two countries' coordination and mutual support at multilateral and regional forums.
Vietnam is ready to support Saudi Arabia to bolster ties with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and to boost cooperation between ASEAN and the GCC. Saudi Arabia continues supporting ASEAN and Vietnam's stance on resolving peacefully disputes in the East Sea (internationally South China Sea) and ensuring the freedom of navigation and overflight in the waters for the sake of regional and global peace, stability, cooperation, and development, they added.
- Norwegian Ambassador: Look to Vietnam, learn from Vietnam
- Today in history, April 23: Birth of Prince Louis
- ASEAN member states remain united amid health emergency
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 20
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 18
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 22 (updated hourly)
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia April 25 (updated hourly)
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 19
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 21 (updated hourly)
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 25
- Timeline of China releasing information on COVID-19 and advancing international cooperation on epidemic response
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 11
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 18
- Vietnam jails man for 11 years for bombing provincial tax office
- Man failed for 11 years for bombing provincial tax office
- Domestic and international delegates pay homage to former President Lê Đức Anh
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 23
- Pernod Ricard contributes to fight against COVID-19 pandemic
- India rejects Pakistan PM's allegations of discrimination against Muslims amid COVID-19 pandemic
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Will Trump's plan to reopen the economy work?
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh receives Saudi Arabian ambassador have 687 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 30, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.