The event, jointly organized by the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union’s Central Committee, the Central Council of the Ho Chi Minh Vanguard Children’s Union and the provincial People’s Committee, drew 263 delegates representing 1,000 outstanding children who showed good deeds in 2023.
In the six peak weeks of the movement, 66,484 activities were held nationwide, with 27,931 individuals and 4,208 collectives honored.
So far, the mobile app “Em lam viec tot” (We do good things) has drawn 1.5 million children who conducted 36 million good activities.
Congratulated the 1,000 outstanding children in the movement, President Vo Van Thuong said that the movement has offered chances for children to practice and strive to become good citizens of the country.
Along with helping shape children’s good personality, the movement has also inspired good deeds among the community, contributing to building and promoting the cultural beauty of Vietnamese people, he said.
He asked the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union and the Ho Chi Minh Vanguard Children’s Union to continue strengthening the movement with reformed and more effective methods, encouraging children to do good things and become good citizens.
The President also asked organisations, the Ministry of Education and Training and parents to continue to pay great attention to protecting and educating children, giving them the best conditions to play, practice and optimize their talent.
Presenting gifts to the outstanding children, the State leader expressed his hope that they will promote the national tradition and show stronger performance in all fields.
Earlier the same day, President Vo Van Thuong and his entourage offered incense to the Kings of the Ly Dynasty at Do Temple, a special national historical relic site in Tu Son city.
- Mr. McKinley as President
- Mr. Cleveland as President
- Good News: Groundbreaking kidney transplant technique and ‘Nemo’s Highway’ for marine creatures
- Thousands of empty shoes are displayed in front of the U.S. Capitol building to protest gun violence
- State President attends celebration of 200th birth anniversary of blind poet in Ben Tre
- Silence Breakers of #MeToo movement beat President Trump as Time Magazine's Person of the Year
- The Pro-Life Movement’s Work Is Just Beginning
- City Without Children
- Ban on menthol cigarettes and flavored cigars could save hundreds of thousands of lives, experts say
- Hacking the President’s DNA
- The Limits of the Mainstream Abortion Rights Movement
- Mary Beth Peil on Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise, Chris Noth, and How Opera and Broadway Led to ‘Dawson’s Creek’ and ‘The Good Wife’
- Drive to Protect Mother Tongues Should Become People's Movement, Says Venkaiah Naidu
- Martin Sheen doesn’t think celebrity qualifies you for the presidency
- Producer Janet Yang Receives Academy Museum Honor: ‘It’s a Symbol of How Communities Can Come Together’
- Death of a President: The Established Facts
- The Intellectual Movement in the West
- Howard County Government: Howard County Honors "Getting Ahead" Graduates And Recognizes Community Partners
- Ten outstanding Manilans feted in 440th Araw ng Maynila rites
- A Conversation With Justin Nelson, Co-Founder And President Of The National LGBT Chamber Of Commerce
President honors outstanding children in "Thousands of Good Deeds" movement have 486 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 25, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.