Superior visa policy
Foreigners can enter Vietnam by air or sea, stay in a transit area and transfer to Phu Quoc to get this visa exemption.
This is the only place that meets the conditions required for visa waiver: It has an international airport, has a definite geographical boundary, is separate from the mainland and so having foreigners does not jeopardize Vietnam’s defense, security, social order, or safety.
Hon Thom, the world’s longest cable car, is on the south of Phu Quoc. Photo by Anh Duong
Transportation to the place is convenient by air, sea and land, and visitors can enter and exit through three international border gates: Phu Quoc International Airport Border Gate, Ha Tien International Border Gate and Duong Dong Port International Border Gate in Phu Quoc.
There are many daily flights to Phu Quoc from India, Korea, Thailand, and Malaysia…
Tourists can easily travel by taxi and bus. People who have bought tickets to Sun World Phu Quoc will get free tickets on the Duong Dong – An Thoi bus.
Nature and architectural works
Phu Quoc has become a favorite destination for tourists from all over the world. Recently U.S. magazine Travel+Leisure named it in a list of 23 best destinations to visit this year, calling it “one of the new stars of Vietnam’s tourism.”
It also has beaches listed as the most beautiful on the planet, with fine white sand and limpid waters all the way to the bottom, such as Bai Kem and Bai Sao; and the small islands in An Thoi archipelago such as Hon Thom, Hon May Rut, Hon Mong Tay, and Hon Dam Ngang… with their pristine beauty, diverse marine – forest ecosystems, colorful coral reefs, and amazing rocky cliffs.
The attractive natural beauty of the An Thoi archipelago of Phu Quoc captivates tourists. Photo by Anh Duong
There are also many places to watch sunset on the island’s southwest coast, such as the end point of Ong Doi Cape – a “one of a kind” place where tourists can watch the sunset and sunrise at the same place.
They can explore the sea and islands that offer many appealing activities such as swimming, kayaking, diving among coral reefs, canoeing around the islands, and night squid fishing.
Visitors can also discover the unique local culture, try the rich and fresh food items such as pepper, seafood and fish sauce and visit historical sites such as Phu Quoc Prison and Cau Temple.
For its rare natural beauty, Phu Quoc is compared with renowned tourist paradises such as the Maldives, Phuket (Thailand) and Bali (Indonesia).
In 2022 Phu Quoc was named the world’s most attractive natural island at the World Travel Awards, surpassing six other destinations, including many islands that were once known as paradises, like Zanzibar in Tanzania and Lofoten in Norway.
World famous travel magazine Condé Nast Traveler announced the 35th Readers’ Choice Awards, with Phu Quoc being the only Vietnamese representative to find a place among the 10 most loved islands in Asia.
It has also won many other honors, including a place in the list of 15 best islands for retirement drawn up by International Living.
Phu Quoc is also home to world class architectural works such as Sunset Town, Asia’s largest show of multimedia technology on the water Kiss The Stars, Sun Signature Gallery architectural art museum, luxury resorts with impressive architecture such as JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort, New World Phu Quoc Resort, Premier Village Phu Quoc Resort, and Sun World Phu Quoc beach entertainment complex with the world’s longest cable car.
Tourists visiting Sunset Town in the south of the island can admire Kiss Bridge in the middle of the ocean.
With unique architecture created by a collaboration between Sun Group and famous architect Marco Casamonti, and honoring love and friendship, the bridge is expected to make it into the list of the world’s most famous.
Sunset Town, one of the most attractive architectural works on Phu Quoc island. Photo by Anh Duong
With the special visa policy that offers convenience to international tourists, amazing nature, rich culture, friendly and warm people, and impressive architectural works, Phu Quoc is on its way to becoming one of the world’s top destinations.
The island is an ideal choice for long-term vacations, extravagant weddings, MICE activities, and international events.
- Guests enjoy wonderful tourism experience on Phu Quoc
- Casinos want to serve Vietnamese at major tourist destinations on trial basis
- Award-winning Mövenpick Phu Quoc tailors its services toward domestic market amid pandemic
- What makes Phu Quoc’s real estate attractive to investors?
- BIM Group, Regent develop first six-star resort on Phu Quoc
- Crowne Plaza Phu Quoc Starbay launches exclusive opening offer
- New tourism activities attract tourists to Phu Quoc
- Phu Quoc Island fishing village proves quite a catch
- BIM Group launches InterContinental Phu Quoc Long Beach Resort
- Smart travelling with InterContinental Phu Quoc Long Beach Resort
- Airlines increase flights to attractive tourist destinations
- Resort and recreation complex Grand World Phu Quoc makes debut
- Phu Quoc struggles to control land speculation
- Jaw-dropping opening offer from Crowne Plaza Phu Quoc Starbay
- Phu Quoc could reopen its doors to int’l tourists
- Discover Phu Quoc - a tropical gem island
- A culinary journey at BW Premier Sonasea Phu Quoc
- Foreigners to buy into Phu Quoc
- Waste reduces Phu Quoc’s attractiveness to the Japanese
- Phu Quoc preferred for tourism projects in Kien Giang
Phu Quoc, ideal tourist destination with special visa exemption have 888 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 23, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.