Deputy Defense Minister Senior Lieutenant General Hoang Xuan Chien, who is also Head of the MND's Steering Committee on Vietnam's Participation in U.N. Peacekeeping Operations, chaired the event.
According to the decision, Major Nguyen Van Phong, assistant at the Division of Political Affairs of Brigade 229 under the Engineering Corps, will work as a military observer at the U.N. Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in the Central African Republic (MINUSCA).
Assigning tasks to the officer, Sr. Lt. Gen. Hoang Xuan Chien asked him to promote the spirit of pro-activeness, self-reliance, overcoming difficulties, being flexible and creative; promptly integrate into the international environment and demonstrate his capability while observing military discipline, U.N. regulations and the host country's laws, and others.
According to Major General Hoang Kim Phung, Director of the Vietnam Department of Peacekeeping Operations (VNDPKO), Major Phong participated in various pre-deployment training sessions and he is now capable and ready to undertake the duties.
Also at the event, the ministry reviewed the performance of six peacekeepers who have completed their duties at the U.N. peacekeeping missions in the Central African Republic, South Sudan, and Abyei area.
Gen. Chien congratulated the officers on their excellent task implementation which received high appreciation from the U.N., and helped confirm Vietnamese peacekeepers' professionalism and competence. They helped spread the good images of the armed forces of Vietnam and shine images of Uncle Ho's soldiers among foreign colleagues and friends.
The deputy defense minister believed that returning to their units, they will continue to promote their ability and competence and contribute to the U.N. peacekeeping mission when opportunities come.
Among the six officers, four, including Lt. Col. Le Ngoc Minh, Major Nguyen Van Thu, Lt. Col. Vu Trong Quynh and Major Bui Xuan Duong performed duties at UNISFA. Senior Captain Vu Hong Hung worked at UNMISS and Major Trinh Van Cuong undertook peacekeeping duty at MINUSCA. Notably, Major Nguyen Van Thu was awarded a certificate of merit of the Director of Abyei Department of Education for his teaching at schools in Abyei.
Since 2014, Vietnam has sent 533 servicemen, including 529 military officers, and four public security officers to U.N. peacekeeping missions in the Central African Republic, South Sudan, and Abyei area, and U.N. headquarters in New York, the U.S.A.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Vietnamese officers are ready for U.N. peacekeeping mission
- HCMC Police take criminal proceedings against 8 officers for taking bribes
- Vietnamese women affirm position in UN peacekeeping missions
- Khyber Teaching Hospital incident: 7 officers suspended over negligence in duty
- Notice to medical officer over death of COVID patient
- William is given access to secret government papers too: Cabinet Office reveals Duke of Cambridge 'occasionally' receives documents to help him understand the workings of Whitehall
- Participation in UN peacekeeping missions under Party’s absolute, direct leadership: Resolution
- Traffic police officers put lives at risk to protect public
- Indonesian government obligates global tech titans to obey tax duty
- Vietnamese primary school students rank No 1 in learning results in Southeast Asia
- Vietnamese students to compete at Microsoft Office World Champs
- Vietnamese-Palestinian couple embrace cultural differences, get hitched
- 'The hardest peace officer memorial I've had to attend': Fallen Baton Rouge officers honored at service after year of tragedy
- House prices surge to new record high of £245,000 as stamp duty holiday pushes demand
- Trump ban gives Vietnamese immigration hopefuls the blues
- UK and US military will fight in Call of Duty CODE Bowl tournament THIS week
- Vietnamese take increasingly to navel gazing
- UK trucker took 23 minutes to raise alarm over 39 dead Vietnamese
- Council prez, husband under scrutiny for hampering duty
- Police raid largest drugstore chain in southern Vietnamese province over product origin issue
One more Vietnamese officer taking on peacekeeping duties have 600 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 10, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.