The Olympic Run Day and the Ha Noi Moi Newspaper’s 48th Run for Peace aimed to raise awareness of the importance of maintaining good health through physical activity.
Deputy Chairwoman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Vu Thu Ha spoke at the launch ceremony on March 26, emphasizing the significance of these events in improving the health and fitness of citizens.
She stressed that a healthy population would contribute to the city’s and nation’s high-quality human resources and foster a healthy cultural environment that would consolidate the people’s solidarity.
All of the city’s districts proposed plans to organize these events, with an expected participation of 300,000 people.
To kick off the Olympic Run Day, over 3,500 athletes, students, workers, and residents ran a lap around Hoan Kiem Lake, inviting others to join them.
The annual Run for Peace is scheduled for early October, with more than 170,000 runners participating in the qualifications held in districts, universities, and enterprises in the 2022 season.
The final, held at Hoan Kiem Lake, saw nearly 1,500 athletes from 82 teams, including 360 foreigners and 160 elite runners, take part.
- Hanoi joins UNESCO's Creative Cities Network
- 10 of the best holidays based on Olympic sports
- The Story Behind The Masked Horror Of The Munich Olympics
- South Korea investigates cyberincident at Pyeongchang Olympics ceremony
- Why It Took 90 Years For Women's Ski Jumping To Make The Olympics
- A champion plans to create Indian Olympic medallists
- US Urges North Korea to 'Refrain From Provocations' After Pyongyang Launches Missile - Reports
- First Garmin Run Hanoi set for March
- From helplessness to hope: inspirational tales of the Refugee Olympic Team
- Our Olympic preparation starts on Sunday morning: Sjoerd Marijne
- Indian shooters look to maximise Olympic quota places in Asian Shooting Championship
- Record-breaking Avinash Sable books berth for Tokyo Olympics
- Giant slalom gold medalist Mikaela Shiffrin pulls out of super-G Olympic event
- On return from injury, Chirag-Satwik eye consistent run to seal Olympic berth
- Turkey launches military offensive in Syria, days after Trump announced pullback of US troops
- Cooking for gold: How the German team prepares for the Culinary Olympics
- Saudi airstrikes hit airport near Sanaa amid calls for peace
- Satwik-Chirag pull out of India Open to regain fitness and form ahead of Olympic qualification
- Olympic sprinter is arrested after 'trying to OUTRUN police outside a Sydney pub' - only to be caught and charged with cocaine possession
- Army blade runner eyes 2020 Tokyo Paralympics after golden run
Olympic Run and Run for Peace launched in Hanoi have 385 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 28, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.