General Secretary of Metropolis Felip Roca Blasco said that the visit was an important event for Barcelona, especially in the context of its policy of developing relations with Asian countries.
As an open and dynamic city, Barcelona wants to seek cooperation opportunities with Vietnamese localities, particularly Ho Chi Minh City, he stressed.
The general secretary also took this occasion to invite Vietnamese cities to attend exhibitions held in Barcelona, including the 2023 Smart City Expo World Congress slated for November.
Man asserted that Vietnam always opens its door and creates a favorable investment environment for foreign businesses, including those from Spain.
Many businessmen in Ho Chi Minh City hope to explore investment opportunities in Barcelona, he said, proposing the general secretary and other city leaders contribute to promoting trade relations between the two cities in particular and strengthening the Vietnam – Spain strategic partnership in general.
Meeting Pau Guardans Cambo, Honorary Consul of Vietnam in Barcelona, Man expressed his belief that with his reputation and experience, the honorary consul with help boost cooperation between the two countries and their localities in various fields; and protect the rights and interests of the State and citizens of Vietnam.
Pau Guardans Cambo affirmed that he will help boost cooperation in economics, trade, investment, culture, education and tourism between Barcelona and Catalonia region with Vietnam, thus contributing to the development of the Spain-Vietnam strategic partnership in the coming time.
Man also visited the Port of Barcelona which has had relations with Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City, Hai Phong, Vung Tau and Quy Nhon ports.
Statistics from the Port Management Board show that in 2022, freight trading between Vietnam and Spain through this port reached 610,321 tons, up 25.6% year-on-year. The volume of Vietnam’s containers transshipped through this port also increased by 26.9% to a total of 48,423 units.
Man suggested the two sides strengthen cooperation in shipping and tourism, as there remains huge potential for bilateral collaboration in these fields.
He left for Hanoi on March 18, concluding his working visit to Spain.
- Conte could save Chelsea job by beating Barcelona, claims Gullit
- Sports betting at Maryland casinos could return for 2018 agenda in General Assembly
- Transfer news & rumours LIVE: Messi tells Barcelona to sign Alaba
- FC Barcelona plants roots in USA with growing youth academy presence, motives
- Outdoors: Local National Wild Turkey Federation chapter reaches fundraising milestone
- ACB ask Mohammad Shahzad to reside permanently in Afghanistan or have his contract terminated
- UR's John Hardt, DI men's lacrosse committee chairman, reflects on Spiders' success, sport's growth
- Staff lessons from the Masters and Augusta National Golf Club
- The Drive of Alon Day: Born in Israel, bred on video games, the Jewish pilot tows NASCAR’s latest diversity hopes
- District 11 will have its own sports Hall of Fame
- Golden glow gone amid scandal, USA Gymnastics faces change
- The Arrival: Connor McDavid’s ascenion was guided by the forces of NHL greatness
- Arsenal confident of beating Chelsea to Luis Enrique
- Man United returning to USA for pre-season tour
- Manchester United returning to USA for preseason tour
- North Korean delegation returns home after Olympics outreach
- Cricket board to be dissolved by Government
- Interim Spanish federation head defends ‘friend’ Villar
- The White Sox ballpark in Chicago that never was and could have changed history
- Spanish soccer executive, son arrested in corruption probe
National Assembly Permanent Vice Chairman visit Barcelona have 531 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 19, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.