Property arm Lotte Land last month said it would cease plans for the Lotte Eco Logis Dong Nai, which was granted an investment certificate only in November 2022.
|illustration photo/source baodautu.vn|
In a document dated March 2, Dong Nai Industrial Zones Management Board stated that Lotte Land had sent an official document on cancelling the project in Nhon Trach Industrial Zone VI from February 17.
The board requested the investor to liquidate the project and fulfill all obligations related to the operation of the enterprise in accordance with the law.
A person from Lotte Land told VIR that various circumstances and investment plans related to this project had been changed, leading to the cancellation. He added that the move would not make much of an impact on the business of Lotte Land, and its general business strategy would remain the same.
Lotte Mall Hanoi, a $600 million facility, is still expected to open in August and will include a hotel, serviced apartments, office buildings, and a trade centre.
The completion of all functional areas is being accelerated by several contractors, including Hoa Binh Construction, Ecoba, BM Windows, and Boho.
In September 2022, Lotte broke ground on the Lotte Eco-Smart City project in Thu Thiem New Urban Area of Ho Chi Minh City. This project has a total investment amount of $900 million with the construction of a complex of 60 floors, including a hotel, residential area, and trade area.
Around $2 billion was initially slated to be spent on the venture with the participation of Japanese investors, but in 2016, the Japanese investors withdrew, leaving it to a consortium of four companies under Lotte Group. According to the current plan, the project will be handed over at the end of 2024.
The company already boasts the $500 million, 65-storey Lotte Centre, which opened in the capital eight years ago.
The group has also implemented many merger and acquisition deals in the real estate sector. In 2013, it acquired 70 per cent in the 5-star Legend Saigon hotel from Kotobuki Group and renamed it Lotte Legend Saigon. The 17-storey hotel has more than 280 rooms and six restaurants.
In 2015, Lotte bought 70 per cent of shares of the Diamond Plaza building in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City from another South Korean company, Posco Group.
Two years ago, the company started construction of the Lotte Eco Logis Long An. Located in Phu An Thanh IZ, the project cost $13.4 million over an area of 79,000 square metres. The warehouse and storage system will be put into operation at the end of this year.
By Bich Ngoc
- Rainbow Six Siege Switch Version ‘Not Possible’
- Rumor: Nintendo canceled Mother 3 localization due to controversial themes
- Steep Switch Development Officially Halted
- Nintendo Switch Lite To Arrive This Fall, Switch Pro Still in Experimental Phase?
- Stardew Valley Progress Update: Patches, Switch, & More
- 4K gaming: the hardware isn't really ready, so how are developers making it happen? And what are the hidden costs?
- WildStar developer Carbine Studios lays off 40% of staff
- Visceral Games Shut Down: A Look Back on the Dead Space Developer’s History
- Unsung Story developer announces PS4, Switch and Xbox One versions
- 22 years. 3 developers. Only 2 games. The fascinating history of the Prey series
- Enter the Gungeon dev cancels expansion to work on new game
- Fable Legends cancelled, Press Play Studios shut down
- Batman Arkham Knight’s Collector’s Edition Cancelled Due To Quality Concerns
- How Nintendo took the Switch from unproven underdog to king of the Christmas line-up, in under a year
- Major Layoffs Hit WildStar Studio, Chinese Release Canceled
- Ubisoft's Skull And Bones Sounds Like It's Not Coming To Nintendo Switch
- Delphine is a nearly-forgotten developer that created timeless games
- Sledgehammer 'probably' canceling Call of Duty action adventure
- Wildstar developer Carbine Studios lays off nearly half of its staff
- Yooka-Laylee Updates Fans On Nintendo Switch Port
Lotte switches focus after cancellation of warehouse development in Dong Nai have 616 words, post on vir.com.vn at March 23, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.