Speaking at the event, Belgian Ambassador to Vietnam Karl Van den Bossche said the logo design contest for the occasion was open for Vietnamese designers and young artists. Through various media channels, the organizing board received 130 entries.
The winning logo was designed by Ly Khanh Linh, a 22-year-old student from Graphic Design Faculty at FPT University. It was inspired by famous cultural heritages of both countries with the hope of conveying the message of cultural exchange and friendship. It will be used in all activities of Belgium in Vietnam this year.
The ambassador said the Queen of Belgium plans to visit Vietnam in May 2023 as the Goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF. In September, the Minister-President of Flanders will lead a delegation of enterprises to Vietnam. In the third quarter of 2024, the King and Queen of Belgium will pay a State visit to Vietnam.
Belgium is now the sixth largest trade partner of Vietnam in the European Union (E.U.). With 82 projects worth nearly 1.1 billion USD, the European country ranks 23rd out of 139 countries and territories investing in Vietnam.
Belgium has also been a donor of official development assistance for Vietnam since 1977, with a funding of 20-25 million EUR per year. The country continues supporting Vietnam through tertiary cooperation programs, non-governmental organizations and private sector. Nearly 5,000 Vietnamese students had and are studying in Belgium.
About multilateral cooperation, the two countries have been working closely together and offering mutual support at regional and global forums such as the United Nations, Francophonie, and Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM). Both countries assumed the positions of non-permanent members of the U.N. Security Council for the 2020-2021 tenure and member of the U.N. Human Rights Council for 2023-2024, and regularly exchanged information.
- Coca-Cola issues a 50th anniversary Jazz Fest commemorative bottle
- North Korea Builds Ties With Country It Helped to Defeat U.S., Now Vietnam May Bring Them All Together
- SpaceX, Apollo anniversary, Space Force mean it's a big year for space
- Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra's Summermusik Festival Announces 2019 Lineup
- U.S. Vows Support to Israel, But Russia Says Opponents 'Will Not Succeed' in Harming Ties With Iran
- Woodstock 2019: Bethel Woods exhibit makes fabled festival tangible
- President Trump’s State of the Union address an American victory speech
- Where Is Robert Levinson? Inside the Secret Campaign to Find Ex-FBI Agent Who Disappeared on Mission to Iran
- Seen at the Scene: Long Beach golfers chip in to raise $140,000
- The night owner Ray Kroc ranted to the Padres fans about ‘stupid ballplaying’
- Broadway's 'Mean Girls' kicks off a diverse 2019-20 season at Shea's
- The sound that Baldwin Piano gave to the world
- Bed-Stuy's Restoration Plaza prepares for revamp
- America’s Next Phony War: Will Iran Be Trump’s Iraq?
- The Latest: SKorea says Trump regrets collapse of Kim summit
- Trump-Kim talks fall apart
- Trump-Kim talks fall apart; sides at odds on what was deal-breaker
- The Latest: SKorea says lack of nuclear deal 'unfortunate'
- POLITICO Playbook:Trump schedules July 4 fireworks in D.C.!
- NATO saved the world and we should celebrate it even if Trump won't
Logo marking 50th anniversary of Vietnam-Belgium diplomatic ties announced have 492 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 24, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.