Quang Nam (VNS/VNA) – Japanese pianist Keiko Borujeson will play a jazz charity concert at the U Café in the ancient town of Hoi An on March 24 to raise funds for children with cancer under treatment at the Da Nang Oncology Hospital.
Usuda Reiko, the owner of the café, said the concert would feature singing and piano over two hours. The café can host a maximum of 30 people.
Borujeson, an artist of international acclaim, has been performing worldwide since the eighties. She lives in Japan, the US and Sweden, and continues to tour worldwide.
A jazz artist with classical roots, she has rendered a distinctive sound of innovation, contradiction, and academic precision that uniquely harmonises with the touch of her fingers.
She also teaches in China, Latvia and other countries, and the Keiko Foundation assists young musicians in Latvia and Slovenia.
Borujeson said it's her first time visiting Hoi An, and the concert will help raise money to support children receiving treatment for cancer at the Da Nang Oncology hospital.
All the money donated by attendees in the concert will be sent to the children in the hospital in Da Nang City.
Borujeson also performed at the annual Japanese-Vietnamese Culture Exchange Day in celebration of the 50th anniversary of diplomatic ties between Japan and Vietnam at Da Nang’s Dong A University on March 9.
Japanese pianist Keiko Borujeson during a performance. She will play a jazz charity concert at the U Cafe in Hoi An on March 24.
According to Reiko, the charity concert in Hoi An is also a celebration of Japan-Vietnam diplomatic ties.
Reiko, who works as a volunteer of the Japan- Vietnam Friendship Association in Kawasaki City, has, with other members, donated more than 12,000 bicycles to poor students in Da Nang and Quang Nam province since 2003./.
- Kendrick Lamar, Roddy Ricch & More Bring Holiday Cheer to South LA For TDE's Annual Charity Concert
- Refugees welcome: top German orchestras hold solidarity concert
- Pink and Chance the Rapper among artists scaling back tours to focus on family in 2020
- Munchausen by Proxy or Con Artist Mom?
- Why this year I'm giving the best gift I can...hope: One year on from our Hospital Helpforce campaign, TV producer HELEN ADDIS shares her emotional story of spending last Christmas battling breast cancer — and how it inspired her to help others
- Green Worship raises N4m for five charity organisations in Nigeria
- Dublin Applebee's Helps Raise Money For Childhood Cancer Charity
- T-ara Confirm Credentials as Korean Wave Stars with Japan Concerts
- Kids Cancer Charity Triathlon At Trump Golf Course Canceled After Complaints
- LIBBY PURVES uses the festive season to draw strength after her cancer diagnosis and reflects on how it is a time to heal us all
- Borromeo Sunday Concert Series
- Interview With Gaming Charity Special Effect
- Hollywood icon Peter Fonda dies aged 79: Sister Jane describes how the star of 1960s classic Easy Rider 'went out laughing' as he passed away surrounded by his family following a lung cancer battle
- Beautiful singer wishes to promote traditional long dress to the world
- What's on December 23-29 (Daily updated)
- Digest: U2 and Rihanna to Appear on Benefit LP For Japan
- The deaths that shocked Australia in 2019: From models to politicians and those we grew up with on TV – as well as the everyday people killed just living their lives
- Gloria Trevi: Diablo or Angel?
- Tragedy in an Animation Utopia: Horror, Heartbreak and Mystery After an Arson Massacre
- Tears, fears and Doggos: Best PlayStation games of the past decade (2010 - 2019)
Japanese artist to hold charity concert for children with cancer have 582 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 20, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.