The conference, themed "Promoting the role of world cultural and natural heritage in sustainable development in Vietnam," was jointly held by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Vietnam National Commission for UNESCO and the Hanoi People's Committee.
It formed part of activities marking 35 years since Vietnam ratified the 1972 Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage.
The participants reviewed the protection and promotion of world cultural and natural heritage values in Vietnam, and exchanged experience in state management and the optimization of world heritage values in local socio-economic development.
Vice Chairman of the Hanoi Municipal People's Committee Ha Minh Hai said after the Thang Long Imperial Citadel won the UNESCO recognition in 2010, the Government, ministries, agencies and local authorities have focused on preserving the site and promoting its historical, cultural, architectural and artistic values.
Communications activities have been stepped up, with a range of exhibitions which attracted crowds of visitors, he said, adding that many research studies have also been carried out.
At the conference, heritage management boards looked into obstacles to heritage preservation and management, and how to balance between conservation and development.
Present at the event, Director of the UNESCO World Heritage Center Lazare Eloundou Assomo spoke of steps to remove the difficulties and shared international experience in this regard.
Some lessons were drawn in the conference, such as perfecting legal foundations in heritage management, raising public awareness of the work, enhancing environmental protection, strengthening international cooperation, improving capacity of heritage managers, and applying IT in heritage management and conservation.
- Firms urged to promote ESG for their sustainable development
- Int’l conference discusses green finance for sustainable development
- PM sets out for sustainable development plan for Central Highlands
- VIR standing by businesses in sustainable development
- Vinamilk bags two int'l awards for sustainable development
- International conference on East Sea wraps up
- Enterprises promote digital transformation for sustainable development
- Here's how G20 can fix the sustainable development funding problem
- EU, Vietnam to promote sustainable development cooperation
- Rapid and sustainable development of Red River delta a national priority: Party chief
- International conference calls Bay of Bengal theatre of keen economic and strategic competition
- VTU Kalaburagi regional centre to hold international conference on functional glasses
- 14th international conference on East Sea concludes
- Preserving and promoting Vietnam's cultural heritage
- International symposium on vulcanospeleology convenes in Dak Nong
- Green capital needed for sustainable growth
- Indo-German Development Cooperation sign agreements to tackle Climate Change
- Sustainable Growth: Transforming Marketing As A Force For Good
- Vietnamese President, Thai PM co-chair press conference
- Hanoi Old Quarter: Exceptional activities to celebrate Vietnam's 17th Cultural Heritage Day
International conference talks heritage’s role in sustainable development have 420 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 21, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.