To improve project readiness and provide opportunities to attract investment from Vietnamese and international investors, the schemes will receive tailored one-to-one and group support. This will include advice on technical aspects, financial models, materials, and advice on enhancing gender equality and social inclusion.
The CFA is part of the UK government's efforts to help Vietnam meet the commitments made by Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh at COP26 in Glasgow two years ago, and offer support to implement the Vietnam Just Energy Transition Partnership (V-JETP) that was agreed upon in December last year.
"The exciting and innovative projects selected to be part of CFA Vietnam underline the significant potential of the Vietnamese private sector to help tackle the climate crisis,” British Ambassador to Vietnam, Iain Frew, said. “The expertise shared with these projects will help move them closer to finding investment, leading to reductions in carbon emissions for communities across the country."
Following capacity-building and mentoring sessions, the project leaders will meet with investors and financial institutions at a workshop in May. This will allow developers to further refine their financial structuring through personalised discussions with interested financial institutions. The event will also provide an opportunity for participants to network, and for policymakers to understand the challenges faced by other stakeholders in the climate finance space.
"It's been a great honour for us to be the in-country delivery partner for the CFA,” said Dinh Thi Quynh Van, CEO, PwC Vietnam. “This initiative closely aligns with PwC’s commitment to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) business practices and agendas. We hope that the capacity building support from this programme will help the selected projects attract funding and contribute towards supporting the implementation of Vietnam's climate ambitions."
The first CFA Vietnam projects are:
Blue Planet Environmental Solutions is a producer of biogas from rice straws using a dry-digestion system. The production of biogas can create energy and a high-grade digestate that can be utilised as a fertiliser.
Control & Automation Solutions is a tech company providing automation solutions in the energy and agriculture sectors. CAS has two smart agriculture projects participating in the CFA scheme. Their circular rooftop farming project focuses on developing and implementing advanced solutions for farming on rooftops, urban houses, and building spaces to promote productive green areas in big urban centres. Meanwhile, their circular agrisolar farms seek to implement high-tech greenhouses using solar and biowaste renewable energy in rural areas.
Dat Bike is Vietnam's first domestic electric motorbike company. With a mission to drive mass adoption of green transportation in the country, Dat Bike aims to manufacture modern, tech-driven electric bikes for the mass market and develop solar-powered battery charging infrastructure.
Deep C Green is a subsidiary of Deep C Industrial Park, an aspiring eco-industrial park in Haiphong. Deep C Green is looking to expand the installation and operation of rooftop solar panels on tenants' roofs to enhance energy efficiency and reduce the carbon footprint for Deep C Industrial Park.
Egreen Technology JSC is a supplier of biogas electricity for livestock farms. With its system of biogas-fueled electricity generators, Egreen can help farms cut biogas emissions and significantly reduce electricity costs.
Hoa Binh High-Tech Environment JSC is a company in industrial waste management using circular economy principles. To increase and enlarge the scope of business, the company has created a new entity to collect, transport and treat industrial and hazardous waste products after recycling. This project is an extension of a successful first phase.
Power Engineering Consulting JSC 4 focuses on treating and reusing coal-fired power fly ash to produce autoclaved aerated concrete bricks and other types of unburnt bricks. These are alternatives to traditional burnt clay bricks, contributing to the decarbonisation of the construction materials sector in Vietnam.
VietNam Sustainable Materials Corporation is the manufacturer of bamboo products such as bamboo boards, bamboo panels for flooring and building materials, activated carbon, pellet fuels, and handicrafts. The project works with forestry partners with sustainable cultivation practices and aims to increase the economic value of bamboo across its value chain in the Vietnam's central highlands.
VRB Energy is a large-scale integrated vanadium-flow battery producer. The project is VRB Energy's expansion into Vietnam. VRB batteries use vanadium electrolyte to store energy and enable wider use of renewable power generation such as wind and solar.
By Linh Trang
- The Paris agreement five years on: is it strong enough to avert climate catastrophe?
- Calls for UK to increase action on emissions after new climate target announced
- Dogger Bank's giant turbines herald a wind of change in UK industry
- Proven programs, not false hopes — engaging farmers in climate solutions
- More offshore wind is welcome, but we have to keep the jobs it creates in the UK
- Sadiq Khan's own council SCRAPS his £33million green traffic scheme for causing 'chaos', blocking emergency vehicles and generating 'excessive levels of pollution'
- Ministers pledge £4million to plant thousands of trees to tackle climate change and reduce flooding
- Light House Projects: Country has taken a different approach as PM Modi
- Designed for life: Circular mansion and mind-boggling split-level flats are among the innovative award-winning properties being built in the UK now
- UK imposes mandatory COVID-19 tests for international travellers
- Vietnam on road to development of carbon market
- The Backstory Behind the REDD Preservation Scheme
- A long-term battle: The tech industry's role in combatting climate change
- Monday thoughts: KiwiSaver, climate and asset values
- The Innovation of LikeLib 2.0 Redefines Public Chain Technology
- Low-mileage Lamborghini Murcielago SV Rosso Mars up for grabs in UK
- Britain's mass vaccination drive will start TUESDAY: NHS boss says race to beat Covid will begin on Dec 8 with UK set to get 'MILLIONS' of doses of Pfizer's jab before New Year amid fears first batch of 800,000 'could be all we get for some time'
- 'Britain joined the vaccine marathon in the last mile': Now US's top doctor Fauci accuses UK regulator of not properly scrutinising data before rushing approval through - as bitter EU tells Gavin Williamson to stop gloating 'as if it is a football game'
- To environmentalists, low interest in ANWR sales a failure for Trump
- Covid winners, losers and bumper pay packets: the UK's year in business
Innovative low-carbon projects join UK's climate finance scheme have 1021 words, post on vir.com.vn at March 27, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.